Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

B line

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello,

If you read the section that shows the adding templates it is in a nice bullet format for easy directions while you complete the process.

If you are distributing an indicator package, you may also want to distribute a prebuilt Chart Template that your customers can use to quickly bring up preferred settings for your chart setup.

1. Locate your base .zip distribution package
    2. Open the .zip
    3. Create a new directory called "templates" without the quotes
    4. Navigate into the "templates" directory and create another new directory called "Chart"
    5. Navigate into the "Chart" directory. Copy the .xml chart templates you wish to distribute from My Documents\NinjaTrader 7\templates\Chart to this directory in the .zip

This is all that is required to allow the user to only import one file that contains both the indicator/strategy and the template that goes with the zip. this is a simple process the creator would perform that will prevent ongoing forum posts related to users that download the file not being able to use the file.

One note on the renaming files, this process will only work if the user has the Hide known file extensions turned off, otherwise the user will rename the file but in reality they did not change the actual file extension.

I look forward to being of further assistance.
    JesseNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Jesse View Post
      Hello,

If you read the section that shows the adding templates it is in a nice bullet format for easy directions while you complete the process.

If you are distributing an indicator package, you may also want to distribute a prebuilt Chart Template that your customers can use to quickly bring up preferred settings for your chart setup.

1. Locate your base .zip distribution package
      2. Open the .zip
      3. Create a new directory called "templates" without the quotes
      4. Navigate into the "templates" directory and create another new directory called "Chart"
      5. Navigate into the "Chart" directory. Copy the .xml chart templates you wish to distribute from My Documents\NinjaTrader 7\templates\Chart to this directory in the .zip

This is all that is required to allow the user to only import one file that contains both the indicator/strategy and the template that goes with the zip. this is a simple process the creator would perform that will prevent ongoing forum posts related to users that download the file not being able to use the file.

One note on the renaming files, this process will only work if the user has the Hide known file extensions turned off, otherwise the user will rename the file but in reality they did not change the actual file extension.

I look forward to being of further assistance.
      Most of us don't need the directions for making a template, just getting this one to work. Where are those settings for Hide Known File extensions located? I've seen that previously, but don't remember where.

Comment

Hello,

For the file extensions I will provide a screenshot (window 8) that shows how to toggle this.

In any file explorer window you should see this at the top. If you are using XP you will need to google "How to show hidden file extensions windows XP"

Please let me know if I may be of additional assistance.
        Attached Files
        JesseNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Jesse View Post
          Hello,

For the file extensions I will provide a screenshot (window 8) that shows how to toggle this.

In any file explorer window you should see this at the top. If you are using XP you will need to google "How to show hidden file extensions windows XP"

Please let me know if I may be of additional assistance.
          By golly, I got it! I had to do a search asking the question for Windows 7. Now I did add a 2 after the name, but before the changed extension. Don't know if that helped or not, but works so don't care. Now I did have to do it twice. First time it didn't take for some reason, but simply could be I have other computer issues.

Thanks for all your help, NT Jesse!

Comment

Originally posted by nkhoi View Post
            It's time to bring them to V7 so here they are. Some indicators were tweak to reduce CPU times so say yes to overwrite.

Note: rename template without zip extension before copy it into template folder.

ps. I didn't upload a chart picture because it look just like picture in some post back.
            Hi there,
            Thanks for sharing.
            Could you please guide me how to trade using this strategy? thx in advance

Comment

Originally posted by behnod View Post
              Hi there,
              Thanks for sharing.
              Could you please guide me how to trade using this strategy? thx in advance
              sure, read thru ALL materials, take your time, do not rush, every of your questions will be answered

Comment

BLine for latest version of Ninja 2016

Originally posted by nkhoi View Post
                It's time to bring them to V7 so here they are. Some indicators were tweak to reduce CPU times so say yes to overwrite.

Note: rename template without zip extension before copy it into template folder.

ps. I didn't upload a chart picture because it look just like picture in some post back.
                Hi nkhoi,

Can you please post the BLine template & script & a Chart for the latest version of Ninja (2016) ?

" NinjaTrader Version 7.0.1000.31 Production Release - January 28, 2016 "

Also can you please do it without tweaking the indicators meaning keeping all the indicators exactly as original BLine indicators.

Thank you in advance,

Comment

Originally posted by traderpp View Post
                  Hi nkhoi,

Can you please post the BLine template & script & a Chart for the latest version of Ninja (2016) ?

" NinjaTrader Version 7.0.1000.31 Production Release - January 28, 2016 "

Also can you please do it without tweaking the indicators meaning keeping all the indicators exactly as original BLine indicators.

Thank you in advance,
                  Hi traderpp,

In case you don't get an answer from nkhoi in the near future, I just wanted to let you know that his last BLine template he posted still works in the most recent NT7. Just backtrack through the Posts until you find it. It was quite awhile ago, but like I said, it still works.

Good luck. Sharon

P.S. When directions followed, the Script wil be there also.
                  Last edited by SharonSS; 07-22-2016, 03:37 PM.

Comment

BLine for latest version of Ninja 2016

Originally posted by SharonSS View Post
                    Hi traderpp,

In case you don't get an answer from nkhoi in the near future, I just wanted to let you know that his last BLine template he posted still works in the most recent NT7. Just backtrack through the Posts until you find it. It was quite awhile ago, but like I said, it still works.

Good luck. Sharon

P.S. When directions followed, the Script wil be there also.
                    Hi Sharon,

Very kind of you to help me out.

I do have that template but there nkhoi has tweaked some indicators & I don't know what is tweaked. I am used to all indicators without any changes so tweaking might not work for me.

But I also forgot to mention that now I am using Ensign10 a new version which allows me to use multiple monitors.

So I think I will need Ninja Template & script for new E10 version. Any idea if that exists ? If not I guess I might have to ask people or support at Ninja if they can program that.

In any case I really appreciate your kind help.

Thank You Sharon.
                    traderpp.

P.S. Which version are you using & does it have multimonitor capability in Ninja ?

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                    Started by xiinteractive, 04-09-2024, 08:08 AM
                    2 responses
                    0 likes
                    Last Post xiinteractive  
                    Started by Irukandji, Today, 09:34 AM
                    1 response
                    0 likes
                    Last Post NinjaTrader_Clayton