Slope indicator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Slope indicator

I'm looking for an indicator that shows the slope of a line, up, down or flat. For example is an EMA sloping up or down or flattening out. It something available to download, I'm not a programmer. Thanks.

Hello Trader Thor,

Thank you for your post,

I was able to locate an EMA indicator that will show slope within the NinjaScript File Sharing section of the forum, linked bellow.

http://ninjatrader.com/support/forum...d=4&linkid=418

Here is a basic guideline of how to Import indicators.

To Import
    1. Download the indicator toc your desktop, keep them in the compressed .zip file.
    2. From the Control Center window select the menu File > Utilities > Import NinjaScript
    3. Select the downloaded .zip file
    4. NinjaTrader will then confirm if the import has been successful.

Critical - Specifically for some indicators, it will prompt that you are running newer versions of@SMA, @EMA, etc. and ask if you want to replace, press 'No'

Once installed, you may add the indicator to a chart by:

* Right click you chart > indicators > Select the Indicator from the list on the left > New > OK

I look forward to being of further assistance.
    Eric B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

That is interesting but not exactly what I am looking for. I would like to have an indicator that plots in a panel below the chart and tracks the slope of an other indicator on the chart.

Perhaps flat (0 slope) would be at the centerline and a up slope would plot above the center line and a down slope plot below the center line. The steeper the up slope the higher the plot would go or the steeper the down slope the lower the plot goes.

Imagine the wings on an airplane that is banking. When the wings are level the slope is 0. As the left wing comes up the slope would increase then level off, returning to 0. As the left wing drops the slope would go below 0 and so on.

It might be easier to imagine such an indicator than cerate it.

Comment

Hello Trader Thor,
        Thank you for your reply,

I see, unfortunately, there is not an indicator available that functions in this manner, though it would be possible via custom programming.

I know you mentioned that you are not a programmer. As a note, our NinjaaTrader Echosystem can advise 3rd-party NinjaScript Consultants that can assist with creating custom items for use in NInjaTrader.
        Eric B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

You can use the momentum indicator ; it has only one input parameter "Period"
          And it will paint a line equal to the difference between current Input and "Period" bars back Input
          Default input is of course Price Close, but you can put any indicator on the input series
          It looks better if you select the style as bar on a secondary panel
          See attached pictures

Best Regards
          Pablo
          Attached Files
          pmaglio
          NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - The Indicator Store

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by philmg, Today, 01:17 PM