Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Invalid Login Attempt Error

Hello,

My computer hard drive failed, I took my computer to the Microsoft Store and they were able to back up my data and replace my old hard drive with a new one.

But now when I try to login to my TDAmeritrade stock market accounts, I get an error message that my Machine ID has changed and so I can only access simulation mode.

I purchased a lifetime license awhile back and I did enter it when launching NT8 for the first time after the new hard drive was installed.

I went into Global Simulation Mode and turned that off, but when I try to connect to my TDAmeritrade data-feed, I get an error message that says:

"Unable to login. WARNING: 3 INVALID LOGIN ATTEMPTS IN A ROW WILL LOCK OUT THE ACCOUNT!"

Screenshot attached.

What do I need to do to resolve this problem and be able to access my TDAmeritrade accounts from within NT8?
    Attached Files

You probably should set up another TDA connection with your password. The encrypted password is probably tired to your old hardware and that's why it isn't working with the new drive.
    You could double check you paid and log into ToS desktop or mobile in the meantime to see if you're locked out.

This is somewhat an educated guess on my part. The passwords are now encrypted in config.xml. replacing that file on the same machine isn't a problem. But I do now suspect moving it to another machine might be a problem, which would be a good thing technically as no one will be able to use your encrypted password.

Of course you can just wait for NT help.

Good luck

Comment

Hello,

Thank you for posting.

So that I may investigate I would ask that you contact me by email at PlatformSupport [AT] NinjaTrader [DOT] com. In your message please include a link to this forum thread and a copy of today's trace files. You will find these diagnostic files in the Documents > NinjaTrader 8 > Trace folder. I will need to review a copy of the files which are named 'trace.20170625.XXXXX.txt'. There will likely be multiple files for each day.
      Drew O.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by bortz, 11-06-2023, 08:04 AM
      47 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post aligator  
      Started by jaybedreamin, Today, 05:56 PM
      0 responses
      0 likes