Collapse

Don't understand this 'you have custom indicator files on your PC...'' error

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Don't understand this 'you have custom indicator files on your PC...'' error

This error is the bane of my existence.

I've not used Ninjatrader in a long time because it seems that you need to be a programmer to use it, but I re-downloaded it recently to try some stuff out. NT7

So, first of all, I try to download an indicator and I get the usual

''You have custom files on your PC that have programming errors'' message.

I open up a random indicator in the editor. Compile it. I then see in the red writing that a certain indicator apparently has errors.

I managed to locate that file and delete it.

All good. I am now able to import the indicator that I wanted.

I then try to import a different indicator.

It tells me something about how it's an older version of one that I have. I tell it to download it anyway. I believe I got some sort of error/failure to import message here.

Now, at this point, I try to import a different indicator, and I get the same usual message ''You have custom files on your PC that have programming errors......''

I don't see how this is possible since i've not actually downloaded anything since everything was apparently fine and there were no errors (after deleting the file earlier)

So, I investigate.

I open up a random indicator in editor. I compile it.

Now it seems to be telling me that I have about 20 indicators with progamming errors?
    Where have the errors suddenly come from?
    Even more odd is that these indicators with errors in them seem to not even be custom indicators. They are standard indicators such as 'bollinger' bands that come ready-loaded with ninjatrader.

Confused. Should I delete all of these indicators now?

thanks

Hello,

Thanks for your post.

I would be happy to review and assist with these compile errors. Please send me a note to platformsupport (at) ninjatrader (dot) com and put a link to this forum post in the body of the email. Please note "ATTN: Drew" in the body of the response.
    Drew O.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

i was experimenting with ninja 8.06 ... trying to slowly convert over from 7. i painstakingly was able to only find a few custom indicators for ninja 8 ... (ok .. to be expected)

next i get an update message to 8.0.7 ... ok ... i never never upgrade so soon ... but i figured what the hell ... i not to deep into this journey ... sooo against my better judgement... i upgraded to 8.0.7 .... apparently 8.0.7 ... does not communicate with 8.06 the same indicators that work on 8.06 now do not work on 8.07 ....

i get this message " YOU HAVE CUSTOM NINJASCRIPT FILES ON YOUR PC THAT HAVE PROGRAMMING ERRORS. THESE ERRORS MUST BE RESOLVED BEFORE YOU CAN IMPORT A NINJASCRIPT ARCHIVE FILE."

after several attempts to fix the problem ... i uninstalled 8

PLEASE DO NOT DISCONTINUE SERVICE TO NINJA 7 !!!

Comment

Hello,

I'd be happy to check into these compile errors with you, as well. Please write in to Platform Support using the instructions in my previous post.

Comment

Custom Ninja script files on your PC have programming issues.

Hi, i get this message " YOU HAVE CUSTOM NINJASCRIPT FILES ON YOUR PC THAT HAVE PROGRAMMING ERRORS. THESE ERRORS MUST BE RESOLVED BEFORE YOU CAN IMPORT A NINJASCRIPT ARCHIVE FILE."

Can you help me with this.

Comment

Joe Boston,

Thanks for your post.

So that I may review and assist with these compile errors, please send me a note to platformsupport (at) ninjatrader (dot) com and put a link to this forum post in the body of the email. Please note "ATTN: Drew" in the body of the response.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by TraderBCL, Today, 04:38 AM
            2 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post TraderBCL  
            Started by martin70, 03-24-2023, 04:58 AM
            14 responses
            0 likes