asx EOD share data

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

asx EOD share data

I have not used Ninjatrader 7 for some time and when I have come back to use it I have discovered that I am unable to get ASX data from Yahoo Finance. Does Yahoo finance still provide fee EOD data for the ASX? If not then is there another free EOD data provider for the ASX?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Hello GlennL,

There has been an update from Yahoo stating that they have discontinued the service which NinjaTrader uses to pull data.

Below is a link to a forum thread where updates about this are being tracked.

I've tested Kinetick End of Day (Free) and this does appear to have ASX data.
    Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks for the reply Chelsea. I tried Kinetick and I could not get ASX shares to show. What symbol/mapping are you using for the shares For example WPL = Woodside Petroleum. What code do you use to get it to show for Kinetick?

Comment

Originally posted by GlennL View Post
        Thanks for the reply Chelsea. I tried Kinetick and I could not get ASX shares to show. What symbol/mapping are you using for the shares For example WPL = Woodside Petroleum. What code do you use to get it to show for Kinetick?
        I live in Australia and it is my understanding that neither Kinetick, IQ Feed or NinjaTrader Brokerage Data Feed (Continuum through CQG) can supply ASX Stock data. You can however get ASX Futures data through Kinetick or IQ Feed.
        I believe that you can get ASX stock data through Interactive Brokers but you will need to subscribe and pay for it. Keep in mind that Interactive Brokers data is heavily filtered so you don't get the raw tick data that the others provide. This may or may not be a problem depending on what charts and indicators you use.

Basically NinjaTrader and the Australian markets are not particularly well matched, in particular stocks where there are limited data and brokers options available. This has been discussed in a number of threads before so I am a little surprised that NinjaTrader didn't simply tell you this.

Comment

Hello GlennL,

The ASX stock I am referring to is Advanced Semiconductor Engineering Inc. ADR.

Attached is a screenshot of the settings used for the instrument and a screenshot of the chart with the data loaded when connected to Kinetick - End Of Day (Free).
          Attached Files
          Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_ChelseaB View Post
            Hello GlennL,

The ASX stock I am referring to is Advanced Semiconductor Engineering Inc. ADR.

Attached is a screenshot of the settings used for the instrument and a screenshot of the chart with the data loaded when connected to Kinetick - End Of Day (Free).
            Hello Chelsea

I believe GlennL is referring to the Australian Stock Exchange (known as the ASX) and not the NYSE listed share "ASX" which is Advanced Semiconductor Engineering?
            He did refer to WPL in an earlier email which is an Australian listed stock so I assumed he was talking about shares in general that are listed on the Australian Stock Exchange.
            Last edited by FMtrader; 06-19-2017, 06:57 PM.

Comment

Thank you everyone for your replies

Comment

GlennL,

You may wish to support the feature request in the thread Feature request - Yahoo historical data.

Shannon

Comment

ASX EOD data

Just wondering if anyone has managed to find a work around for this? Very frustrating not having the data feed from Yahoo anymore.

Comment

Guessing there was no solution found?

Comment

Hello,

Thank you for your post.

The brokerage that may provide data for these symbols would be Interactive Brokers.

You can view a list of our supported brokerages at the link included below:Please let me know if I may be of additional assistance.
                      Marco G.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                      Started by gemify, 11-11-2022, 11:52 AM
                      6 responses
                      2 likes
                      Last Post ultls
                      by ultls

Started by ScottWalsh, Today, 04:52 PM
                      0 responses