multiple market replay accounts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

multiple market replay accounts

Is there an way to use multiple accounts while in market replay?

Originally posted by asiaexpat View Post
    I don't think so. That's not how it is to be used.

Maybe NT8?

Comment

well it would be very usefull to be able to place seperate trades on one instrument using different strategies at the same time.

it is possible to do that in sim so i don't see why it could not bge done on market replat data

Comment

Why not? Market Replay is just another data connection.

Comment

Why not? Because while connected to market replay you can't change accounts

Comment

You can do that in market replay.
            It's just in the account Replay101.

It sounded like originally you wanted a Replay101 & Replay102.

well it would be very usefull to be able to place seperate trades on one instrument using different strategies at the same time.

it is possible to do that in sim so i don't see why it could not bge done on market replat data

Comment

yes i want a market replay 1 and 2--

i still don't see how i can do that in market replay 1.

we can create many sim accounts so we can test different strategies at the same time on the same instruments.

for example in market replay if u went long cl ==then u got a sell signal from another indicator and wanted to go short using another strategy while keeping your original long position open--how can do u do that in market replay 1? with sim u execute the long postion in sim1 account and then execute the short in sim2 account-or whatever u named your second sim account--then u have completly independant trades--its useful in keeping stats on how your strategies work

Comment

yes i want a market replay 1 and 2--

i still don't see how i can do that in market replay 1.

we can create many sim accounts so we can test different strategies at the same time on the same instruments.

for example in market replay if u went long cl ==then u got a sell signal from another indicator and wanted to go short using another strategy while keeping your original long position open--how can do u do that in market replay 1? with sim u execute the long postion in sim1 account and then execute the short in sim2 account-or whatever u named your second sim account--then u have completly independant trades--its useful in keeping stats on how your strategies work
                I try to keep it simple. NT has enough issues.

Each strategy stays in it's own world from what I've done. I don't go short when long another one, so I have no experience in doing that.

These fills are a little to aggressive.. 85-90 should be the max daily.. so 7x25 = 175 = $812...

using 3 contracts each on each strategy .. $812 total x 3 = +$2,400.

p.s. friday was opt exp day - usually a failure.. so I probably would get scared and sit that out.
                Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by sledge View Post
                  I try to keep it simple. NT has enough issues.

Each strategy stays in it's own world from what I've done. I don't go short when long another one, so I have no experience in doing that.

These fills are a little to aggressive.. 85-90 should be the max daily.. so 7x25 = 175 = $812...

using 3 contracts each on each strategy .. $812 total x 3 = +$2,400.

p.s. friday was opt exp day - usually a failure.. so I probably would get scared and sit that out.
                  care to share your method of determining entries??? charts used -indicators etc..??

Comment

Hello asiaexpat,

Correct, you will only be able to use the "Replay101" account when using the Market Replay Feature.

It is on our feature request list to be able to select multiple accounts for this, but it is most likely not going to change for NT7. I will send your vote for this feature to our development team as well.

Another thing you can do is generate your report inside of the Account Performance tab and the right click, select Grid, and Export it to Excel or "Save as" a text document so that you can keep the statistics so when you run your strategy again with different settings you can have your previous results to look at.

Let us know if you have any other questions.
                    JCNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

thanks for your response.

I take it then that the feature will be in the upcoming NT8?

How about a reverse control in market replay--now we can fast forward it-but no reverse-being able to reverse without losing stats would also enable us to run a different strategy on the same data

Comment

Hello,

As NinjaTrader 8 is under development, it's difficult to say with certainty which features will and will not ultimately be included in the production release of the software.

I'll forward your secondary suggestion regarding reversals on to development as well.
                        KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

add my vote too

it is a simple case of over looking use cases. sim and replay and backtesting should all have multiple accounts.

Comment

Hello jupiejupe,

I will add you vote as well, thanks.
                            JCNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

What about multiple replay account ?

I'm need to at least 2 replay account for testing ma strategies, what about this features ?

It's be available on NT8 ? they are no way to force NT7 to use another account for replay ?

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by guillembm, Today, 11:25 AM
                              0 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post guillembm  
                              Started by Mongo, Today, 11:05 AM
                              1 response
                              0 likes
                              Last Post NinjaTrader_ChelseaB