Tick Replay seems not to work for all bar types

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tick Replay seems not to work for all bar types

For several bar types, when creating a chart, the tick replay check box is grayed out, and for some other types, opening an indicator while tick replay is checked generates a bunch of unhandled errors, that seem to be related to bar removal code in those particular bar types.

Is this a bug? If not, tick replay article in Help Guide should clarify, and bar types that do not support tick replay should have the option disabled.

In the code of a custom bar type, how would the tick replay option be disabled?

Thanks.

Hello Ricam,

Thank you for your post.

I had tested all default bar types with Tick Replay enabled and did not receive any unhandled exceptions messages, nor did I see that Tick Replay was grayed out at any point.

So that I may test more on my end, please answer the following questions.

What version of NinjaTrader 8 are you using? You can check under Help -> About (Example: 8.0.0.5)

Do you see Tick Replay grayed for both custom and default bar types? Are you testing custom add-ons (indicators, strategies, etc)?

What do you have selected for your Chart Style in the data series window?

Lastly, could you please provide us with screenshots of the exceptions that appear?
    Riley S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

TIck replay box grayed out for Renko and Line Break

I am using beta 5 of NT8, downloaded it last week.

Here are screenshots of the add data series to new chart page, showing the tick replay option grayed out for the Renko and Line Break bars types. When I click on the grayed out boxes, nothing happens.. as expected.

I downloaded the Better Renko from Big Mike's. It allows tick replay to be checked, but after I add an indicator to the chart, an abort retry fail error box appears saying that removeLastBar is not supported for tick replay. Screen shot attached of error box and of the chart with BetterRenko in tick replay, with a cumulative delta indicator that uses OnMarketData. Note the gaps..

Which gets us to the issues with charts leaving big time gaps and not backfilling interval while computer was turned off overnight and sometimes intraday intervals between F5 refreshes. Started a new thread about that one.
      Attached Files
      Last edited by Ricam; 09-28-2015, 12:38 PM.

Comment

Just renko and linebreak do not support TickReplay due their "Remove bar" concepts. Thanks for the pointing out this obvious omission in the help guide, I will have that added in.

For custom bar types, there is a IsRemoveLastBarSupported bool you can override to true to ensure that those bar types do not work with tick replay: http://ninjatrader.com/support/helpG...rsupported.htm

Can you clarify on the scenario where you opened an indicator while tick replay was checked and received exceptions? I'd like to review if what you're seeing is expected or bugged.
        Last edited by NinjaTrader_Matthew; 09-28-2015, 03:50 PM.
        MatthewNinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

The chart with the cum delta indicator did partially backfill, and works fine on real time data.

If you wish I will send you the indicator privately so that you can attempt to duplicate the behavior.

Thanks.
          Attached Files
          Last edited by Ricam; 09-28-2015, 12:54 PM.

Comment

That would be fine - please send to platformsupport[at]ninjatrader[dot]com with Attention Matthew in the subject

Comment

Thanks for sending this in. The error is expected since RemoveLastBar() is being called, however the error is definitely unfriendly and I'll have that fixed.

In the meantime, you'll want to ensure you are overriding IsRemoveLastBarSupported to true in your bar type. Take a look at our current Renko bar for an example of how to handle.

Code:
              // a value of true disables user from using Tick Replay on the data series UI
              public override bool IsRemoveLastBarSupported { get { return true; } }

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by algospoke, Yesterday, 06:40 PM
              2 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post algospoke  
              Started by ghoul, Today, 06:02 PM
              3 responses
              0 likes