Collapse

need advice on breakeven stop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thks, the "reload historical data" worked fine.
    Thanks for your time.

Comment

Basic entry

Hello all,

I just tried the basic entry features (instead of DOM).
      What is disturbing is that when you choose "Type order" (stop or limit), price is always set at 0,00, which forces to type the whole price (94.54 for instance for CL), which is very slow to do in real time trading.
      Is not a way to "connect" the price to the last quoted ?

as always, thanks for your time
      Gwen

Comment

Hello all,

I just tried the basic entry features (instead of DOM).
        What is disturbing is that when you choose "Type order" (stop or limit), price is always set at 0,00, which forces to type the whole price (94.54 for instance for CL), which is very slow to do in real time trading.
        Is not a way to "connect" the price to the last quoted ?

as always, thanks for your time
        Gwen

Comment

Hello Gwenael,

Please middle click on the Limit column to get the last traded price entered automatically.

See here for more info about submitting orders in the Basic Entry window:

Check the section 'How to submit custom orders'.
          Vince B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello,

Since yesterday, I cannot open Ninjatrader. It seems to open, then a message says that Ninjatrader application ceased to work.
            I then desinstalled NT, then downloaded again from NT site (to start fresh again), but the same message appeared and NT could not open. Which puzzled me is that although I decided to desinstall NT, my workspace was intact when I tried to open NT.

Thanks for your help
            gwen

Comment

Hello Gwen,

Thanks for the post.

Can you send us your Log and Trace file from today so we can further investigate.

You will find the log file on your PC in the (My) Documents > NinjaTrader 7 > Log folder.
              • The log file will be named "log.20140919.txt"

You will find the trace file on your PC in the (My) Documents > NinjaTrader 7 > Trace folder.
              • The trace file will be named "trace.20140919.txt"

Please attach them to an email and send it to [platformsupport at ninjatrader dot com]. Refer to this post and put in the subject 'For Vince'.

Comment

Hello

A few minutes ago, we had no quotes on the CL contract during 20 minutes, but what is strange is that the "reload all historical data" is not available (grey and inactive on the menu)
                I use continuum as a data provider.

If you have info on this....

thanks
                gwen

Comment

Hello Gwen,

We've had no other reports with the same issue. Therefore can you please exit NT and then reboot your machine. After this see if you have the reload option available again.

Comment

I have it now
                    Good ! thanks
                    gwen

Comment

No feed

Hello,

Sometimes, when I log on NT, there are some "holes" in the chart, as if there were no quotes during a certain period of time. By the way, the "Reload all historical data " is in grey color, uneffective.

What could I do in such a case ? switching off and restarting NT does not solve the issue.

thanks for your time
                      gwen

Comment

Hello gwenael,
                        Thank you for your post.
                        This can occur if a connection can not be made to a historical data server or if a historical data server was down.
                        There were reports of a historical data server that was down earlier and recently was resolved by rerouting to another server. For your Ninjatrader to make this change you will simply need to restart NinjaTrader.
                        If after you have restarted NinjaTrader you are still seeing historical data that is missing Please send me your log and trace files for today so that I may look into what occurred.
                        You can do this by going to the Control Center-> Help-> Mail to Platform Support.Please reference the following in the body of the email:Cody B.
                        If we can be of any other assistance please let me know.
                        Cody B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

NT crash

Hello,

I am a bit puzzled.
                          Regularly, I would say every 2 to 3 months, my NT stops working. When I launch the software, I get a message that says "Ninjatrader ceases to work", then windows closes the opening process.
                          Last time I got this, support advised me to recreate my universe, as it could have been corrupted. I did, and it worked fine, but once again, problem is here again.
                          I don't have time to re-install NT every 2 months and recreate from scrach my parameters, charts, windows etc etc Its too time consuming, and especially, one day, I will go out with an open position and when I try to open my NT, il will crash again.

Please help
                          Thanks
                          gwen

Comment

Hello gwenael,
                            This is typically because of settings in NinjaTrader being set to settings that are not the best for performance. Please take a look at our performance tips and make sure that your NinjaTrader settings are according with the performance tips. Click here to view the NinjaTrader performance tips If you are seeing that you have your NinjaTrader settings set for optimal performance please write in to platformsupport[AT]ninjatrader[DOT]com and I will be more than to schedule a call with you to investigate further.

Comment

I would like to use these tips for performance, thing is that I cannot even start NT. It crashed right on the spot.

Comment

Hello,
                                So that I may investigate what has ocurred please send me your most recent log and trace files. You can do this by going to the Control Center-> Help-> Mail to Platform Support.
                                Please reference the following in the body of the email:ATTN CodyB
                                I look forward to assisting you.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                                Started by dustydbayer, Today, 01:59 AM
                                0 responses
                                1 view
                                0 likes
                                Last Post dustydbayer  
                                Started by inanazsocial, Today, 01:15 AM