Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Strategy to monitor my positions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Strategy to monitor my positions

Hi. I would like to create a strategy that simply monitors positions I open manually through the DOM. Basically, I want to use the strategy as a babysitter for my discretionary trading to remind me (through an audio signal or changing the chart background) to look for a good exit once a certain adverse price level has been reached.

For example, if I open a long position through the DOM, and the price falls back eight ticks, I want the strategy to play a sound file that says "It's not doing what you thought: Exit!" (or something similar) and then repeat at the beginning of each new bar. The position would be closed manually through the DOM (i.e., the strategy would submit no orders).

After reading the distinctions between an ATM and a NinjaScript strategy, I am little confused as to which method (if either) is appropriate for what I want to do.

Thank you.

Regards,

>> I would like to create a strategy that simply monitors positions I open manually through the DOM
    Unfortunately this is not supported, since a strategy only can monitor position(s) entered by this very strategy.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Dierk View Post
      >> I would like to create a strategy that simply monitors positions I open manually through the DOM
      Unfortunately this is not supported, since a strategy only can monitor position(s) entered by this very strategy.
      By "entered by this very strategy" you mean that the entry is automated (programatically entered), as opposed to entered manually while the strategy is running.

Thank you.

Regards,

Comment

This is correct

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by ScottWalsh, Today, 04:52 PM
        0 responses
        1 view
        0 likes