Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Feature request: Strategy Analyzer optimisation parameters

Feature request for version 7

I have a lot of parameters in my Strategies, and when I use the optimiser the only way I can pick out of, say, 30+ parameters which one is being optimised and what its value is is by painstakingly eyeballing through the long list of parameters in Excel (because the only way a long list of parameters can be seen in Ninja is a mouse-over float which doesn't stay more than a few seconds.)
    Please could there be a display about the parameters which were being optimised and their value which produced the result I'm looking at.
    The way it is set up at the moment is fine if there are only a handful of parameters in a Strategy. It can be seen ok in the window. But truly, I have 50 parameters in the strategy I am currently optimising and it is a nightmare.

Note that this could be done in the Settings Tab, which ironically is where you would expect to find this information but instead all it shows is the RANGE of values it was optimising, NOT the specific value for this result.

Hoping with crossed fingers.
    saltminer

Thanks for the suggestion, I can see how with that many parameters it can be frustrating. I will add this to our list of considered enhancements.
    RayNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I second that - it's painful resetting the width of the column to be able to read the parameters.
      Thx!

Comment

I vote for this also

Much needed.

Comment

feature to allow optimize to load prior backtest params by default

Here's a use case of how I would prefer to use optimize which doesn't seem possible with NT 6.5:

* Run a backtest - set the myriad of params I have - couple a dozen of them. Tweak and tweak by hand the params.
          * Then I run an optimize. By default (or by some button or Optimize from last Backtest menu option), it loads in the params from last backtest I just performed. This way I can just optimize a small portion of params that I think are worth searching the space for (saves time vs. bigger search across many params).
          * I edit the search of min to max by step for handful of params loaded from above step.
          * I run optimize

This way my optimization params can be based from my last backtest runs. Otherwise, its a major pain to keep the two in sync which is something I'd like to have the ability to do with greater ease.

JD

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by jclose, Today, 09:37 PM
          0 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post jclose
          by jclose

Started by WeyldFalcon, 08-07-2020, 06:13 AM
          10 responses