Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hotkey/Quick way to switch time frames

The software rocks, but it would be really nice if there was:

1.) quick way to switch between different stocks from the same window (as opposed to linking a list to a stock.

2.) a way to quickly switch between time frames (1 minute, 5 minute, weekly chart etc) either using keyboard shortcuts or maybe even the scroll button on a mouse, or tabs on the window--or better yet all 3.

3.) A way to get back to default price scale on the chart. After I adjust the price by vertically dragging the right side of the chart, I might end up distorting it too much and would like to get to the original view and also get back to the same price scale as my other charts, otherwise the gains on one might be distorted visually.

Here's a screen to show what I mean. Hope it makes this clear. Ameritrade uses tabs at the bottom. I have some stocks I like and some indices, while on another window I might have another set of favorites, and you can see the time frame tabs for 1,2,3,5 etc minutes. It would be really nice if NT had that too. Tabs on the top or side might be nice too. Would really appreciate it if you guys could add this stuff. It would make the software even more awesome.

Hi trader_rick1234, thanks for the kind words and for taking the time to post your thoughts. Hotkeys are on our list for future consideration.

1. Have you tried putting your favorite stocks on the default list to quickly access them from there?

2. Thanks - you can change the timeframe quickly in left upper portion on the chart with the dropdown box.

3. We'll add more scaling features to our upcoming NinjaTrader 7.

Please check this link out - http://www.ninjatrader-support.com/H...adingData.html
    BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks! On # 2, it would be nice to do it even *quicker* . If a chart is about to hit a trendline, is it a trendline that goes back 2 days, 5 days, 6 weeks? If you have tabs or something it's one motion and click, click, click to view 3 different time frames. You can get the bigger picture on a chart really fast. With the current NT way, lots of mouse dragging. Plus the menu osbscures the chart if only for a second. :P I'm a chart (and caffiene) junkie! Pretty please? Better yet--if there were a CTRL+Mouse scroll wheel or something like that so that the time interval scales with the mouse scroll wheel. Dang! Homerun. OK so that's probably overkill. But what the heck aye? :P C'mon. do it!

Comment

Thanks for adding the details to your suggestions, I'm sure developement will take a look at those.
        BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by jclose, Today, 09:37 PM
        0 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post jclose
        by jclose

Started by WeyldFalcon, 08-07-2020, 06:13 AM
        10 responses