Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

EFX Group

Originally posted by milliehandshrimp View Post
    I've been playing around with NT and I love it. The programming is easy and it has a lot of great features. It is perfect for what I want.

I was ready to drop down the $900 or so for a lifetime license but then I saw it only does forex with Gain; that was a deal breaker.

Someone here mentioned that the reason is because of an exclusivity contract with them. Is that true or just an accusation?

If it is true, I hope there is an expiration at some point, or some other way you can get out of it. NDD trading is becoming more and more popular in the forex market, and Gain certainly does not qualify as one of those.

Anyway, I know your business is not a democracy, but I thought I'd throw my vote in for expanding your account options. Hopefully after some trend analysis, you'll eventually change your minds.

-MH

I current use EFX Group and was ready to buy the lifetime license for Ninja. However, now that I understand EFX Group, which is a subsidiary of MBTrading, is not supported, I have to wait.

jstockman

Comment

OandA

I would be very pleased if NT and OandA.com could work together. What would be required to make this happen? Is it something we (the user comunity) could develop?

Comment

Hi,

Thanks for posting. Adding brokerage interfaces is something that can only be done by NinjaTrader internally. Any interface we do is based on many factors including customer demand. I will add OandA to our list of future possible interfaces.
        RayNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Forex from EFX

Originally posted by jstockman View Post
          I currently use EFX Group and was ready to buy the lifetime license for Ninja. However, now that I understand EFX Group, which is a subsidiary of MBTrading, is not supported, I have to wait.
          I just checked out EFX and I'm very impressed. Is it really that hard to add another Forex provider?

I would prefer to pay NinjaTrader for their services rather than having Gain (or someone else) do it for me.

A couple of last questions:

1) Does NinjaTrader have an exclusive contract with Gain?
          2) If so, will that contract ever expire?
          3) If not, is NinjaTrader making so much from Gain, that they're willing to send a lot of us elsewhere for a trading platform?

I've spent several months learning NinjaTrader and how to program it. I would really like to be able to connect to a different Forex provider than Gain. Please add EFX.

How about creating a survey on this forum to see how many others are of a similar frame of mind?

KBJ

Comment

You got my vote on the survey!

Comment

We are looking into other FOREX options. We will make announcements as appropriate.

Comment

Gain Capital has 5-pip Spread on GPD/USD

I just brought up $GPDUSD on the Dynamic SuperDOM and it shows a 5-pip spread, and for the $EURUSD its a 3-pip spread.

So if I buy at market and sell at market, thats 10 pips lost for the pound and 6 pips lost for the Euro.

This seems like way too much to me.

I looked at EFX and they charge a fixed 1/2 pip commission but don't add anything to the spread. Zero. Nada. So that's like a 0.5-pip spread.

Gain Capital's web site claims to have spreads as low as 1.5 pips for EUR/USD. Since the best case in the market is no spread (where bid=ask), then this suggests to me that Gain is charging at least 1.5 pips for their services.

Clearly this makes it harder to develop a winning strategy.

EFX also allows clients to use "Micro" order size increments, which means we can place orders down to a $1 increment (whereas mini's are at $10 increments and full lots are at $100 increments). This would be real good for final testing on a strategy, since then we can do real, live testing, but with 10X less risk than on Mini lots and 100X less than on standard lots.

I really like the NinjaTrader platform, and have spent several months familiarizing myself with all of its features and benefits, learning all the ins and outs, but these are features that I cannot program around.

Best regards,

KBJ

Comment

Thanks for your comments adn suggestion to support EFX. Its on our list for future consideration.
                  RayNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I'm with everyone on this thread. I think NinjaTrader is a brilliant piece of software - but I'm going to cancel my licence because of the lack of FX broker support.

Alex

Comment

Just to give you guys more incentive to support EFX, I'll add my vote here.
                      I've chosen EFX as my broker as well, execution platform is not a major factor in chosing a broker since I am trading discretionary at the moment.

However it would be so much better if EFX was supported by NT because as a programmer I love your platform while I am not so convinced of EFX's(MB fX). And I'll buy a license to support further development and give something back to NT as soon as my trading allows it.

Many thanks cheers.
                      Last edited by Rollins; 11-03-2007, 11:29 AM.

Comment

Let me pile on

I agree totally with the comments of this thread. Having NinjaTrader locked into only Gain Forex is a big mistake. I appreciate that you might be under an exclusivity contract with them and if so I hope they paid you handsomely. But I also hope that soon you will be able to offer a quality Forex broker.

I worked with NT6 while still in beta and really grew to appreciate the program. Unlike some charting packages that seem to evolve in a helter skelter fashion and lead to confusing and inconsistent interfaces NT6 seems to be very well thought out and shows good software design practices.
                        I was intending to trade futures and forex with Ninja but when I discovered that my current broker IB was not supported for forex I stopped wasting any more time with Ninja. I love the program but it is useless to me until you make it an open platform for forex trading as well.
                        I hope that happens soon.

BP

Comment

Suggestions and Feedback

Hello,

Thank you for your suggestions and comments. I will forward them to development and have them add them to our future enhancement list.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Ray View Post
                            Hi,

Thanks for posting. Adding brokerage interfaces is something that can only be done by NinjaTrader internally. Any interface we do is based on many factors including customer demand. I will add OandA to our list of future possible interfaces.
                            Hi NinjaTraders.

When could we have the access to Oanda? Could be it access at tick level? If not, could we have access to other tick forex source (free data)? It could be excellent, because NinjaTrader works vey good.

Thanks.

Comment

>> When could we have the access to Oanda?
                              Unfortunately there is nothing scheduled yet.

Comment

Oanda or Forex free data

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Dierk View Post
                                >> When could we have the access to Oanda?
                                Unfortunately there is nothing scheduled yet.

Hi NinjaTrader_Dierk.

Thanks for your prompt response.

I know that we can have access to forex data if we suscribe to services like eSignal or IQ, but I will appreciate if you inform us by this via when Ninja has access to:
                                - Oanda data, or
                                - forex data (free).

Regards.

cattus

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                                Started by cocoescala, 10-12-2018, 11:02 PM
                                6 responses
                                0 likes
                                Last Post Jquiroz1975  
                                Started by gbourque, Today, 06:39 AM
                                1 response
                                0 likes
                                Last Post NinjaTrader_Erick  
                                Started by cmtjoancolmenero, Yesterday, 03:58 PM
                                1 response
                                0 likes
                                Last Post NinjaTrader_Gaby  
                                Started by benmarkal, Yesterday, 12:52 PM
                                3 responses
                                0 likes
                                Last Post NinjaTrader_Gaby  
                                Started by helpwanted, Today, 03:06 AM
                                1 response
                                0 likes
                                Last Post sarafuenonly123  
                                Working...