Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Importing cs files

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi PanamaJack,

It looks as if there may be missing references to the 3rd party indicators as well.

Please send an email to support [at] ninjatrader [dot] com so that we may schedule a call and assist.

In the email, please add a link to this forum thread.
    Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks for all of the help with the Ninja Trader errors. Very prompt replies.
      Thanks again,
      PanamaJack

Comment

I am using "Direct Live" version (7.0.1000.22) ~ I see no "Edit NinjaScript" ~ is this disabled in the "Direct Live" version?

Comment

Hello RickAce,

Yes, NinjaScript editing is disabled with the Direct Edition License.

Below is a link to information about the Direct Edition License and which features are disabled.
          http://www.ninjatrader.com/LP/Direct...on-Dynamic.php

Also, you can upgrade to the latest version 7.0.1000.26 from the link below.
          http://www.ninjatrader.com/download-registration.php

Comment

I do not understand why you allow the importing of NinjaScript but do not allow the use of a .cs file added to the indicator folder per the instruction above... is there anyway around this limitation ?

Comment

Hello,

Importing checks that there are not compile issues before or after importing the file.

This prevents errors that can keep other scripts from compiling.

Placing .cs files directly in the indicator or strategy directly does not do this check first and can introduce compile errors into your system.

That said, nothing is stopping you from placing .cs files directly in those folders. You would need to compile after placing them in those folders though.

However, you do not have the ability to compile scripts when using the Direct Edition License as you do not have the ability to edit a script when using the Direct Edition License which is needed to compile.

The only workaround is to use a different license key that allows for editing scripts.

Comment

Not Working for me

I copied ALTOgomMP.cs into the My Documents/Ninjatrader7/bin/custom/indicator. Selected any other indicator, either right clicked on and chose compile or pressed F5. A chime sounds but no indicator in the list. Suggestions?

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_PatrickH View Post
                Hello Tom,

Thank you for your note.

You will have to manually import the .CS files into NinjaTrader.

To do this copy the .CS files and then paste them into the following directory: My Documents\NinjaTrader 7\bin\Custom\Strategy
                If they are Indicators it will need to be the following directory: My Documents\NinjaTrader 7\bin\Custom\Indicator

Once complete, go to Tools > Edit NinjaScript > Indicator > select any indicator > OK > once the NinjaScript Editor window opens press F5 on your keyboard to compile your NinjaScript files.

Please let me know if you receive any errors after compiling the NinjaScript files.

Comment

Hello Essiar,

Thank you for your post.

From the code this indicator is actually an object that holds classes to be called from other indicators. This is likely used by other GOM products. The best resource for these products is the website you downloaded them from.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                  Started by jeronymite, 04-12-2024, 04:26 PM
                  3 responses
                  0 likes
                  Last Post jeronymite  
                  Started by bill2023, Today, 08:51 AM
                  2 responses
                  0 likes
                  Last Post bill2023