Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Making my indicator Usable in Market Analyser

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Making my indicator Usable in Market Analyser

Hi

Can anyone please tell me what code I need to add to my EMA cross indicator so I can use it within Market Analyser, ie trend up down senerio, cell colour change etc.

I believe you need to add code that enables you to identify "Plots" and then apply that to the cell conditions as 1, -1,or 0, to tell Ninja if we have cross up or down or neutral etc.

As its just a simple.... if one is above or below the other calculation, then I assume I only need plots that refer to 1 or -1 ? ie have the 2 EMA's crossed up or down.

Thanks in Advance

PS: Examples welcome as I've tried to research various links provided in other threads but basically nothing has actually worked so far

Hello ab1000,

Below is a link to an example I've posted on the forums.
    Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Not Working

Hi

Thank you for posting the downloadable link.

I imported it and it loaded everything as expected, it then briefly shows the coloured cell outputs for 1 and -1 but then everything returns to 0 and the coloured cells return to white.
      Last edited by ab1000; 04-23-2017, 07:39 PM. Reason: edit

Comment

Coloured Cells

Hi

I edited the indicator into an EMA with different values and tried to delete some of the code I thought was causing the problem Im getting, but unfortunately nothing has worked so far.

In market analyser if I set a cell to output a colour using -1 for a cross below and 1 for a cross above then all I get is a white background to the cell.

However if I make both cell values 0 then I get one of the colours displaying in all the cells, but what it wont do is give me one colour for a cross above and one colour for a cross below,

Thanks

Comment

Hello ab1000,

This is expected.

When the cross occurs the cell will color.

When that bar closes the cross will no longer be occurring and the coloring will go back to white.

The example I have provided you includes a template that colors the cell background green when there is a cross above and the plot is set to 1, will color the cell red when there is a cross below and the plot is set to -1, and will return to white when there is no cross and the plot is set to 0.

Can you further clarify why this example is not helpful for you when creating your own custom script?
          Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by algospoke, Today, 06:40 PM
          0 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post algospoke  
          Started by maybeimnotrader, Today, 05:46 PM
          0 responses
          0 likes