Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ninjatrader historical server

Hi,

I was speaking to platform support yesterday and they said that the data i see when loading charts with the historical server comes from CQG. Is that correct?

All my backtesting has been completed using the ninjatrader historical server, so for live i would like to replicate where that data comes from. Is there any way to do this? I don't trade through ninja, i only use it for charting. So i would like the same stream of data as the server uses.

I trade FX and use tick data.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

Chris

Hello pezza3452,

Thank you for your post,

You are correct, the historical data accessed when NinjaTrader is connected to CQG is CQG-recorded real-time data.

Your platform may be able to link to a CQG connection, but this would just be for real-time data. This historical data would only be accessible in NinjaTrader when connected to a CQG connection. You could inquire with the platform you are using for trading if there is an option to import NinjaTrader's historical data for use with live trading. If so, exporting historical data can be performed via Tools > Historical Data Manager. See the below section of our help guide for more information.

https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...?exporting.htm

Let us know if we may assist further.
    Eric B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

ahh ok, so i think i might be on the wrong lines here. I am connected to FXCM, however all the historical data seen on my charts is from the ninjatrader server and not fxcm? Or is it from fxcm?

I thought the two were a separate thing?

Comment

basically i would like to know where the ninjatrader server data comes from that i have used to backtest my strategy with, so that i can use that data stream in live. Thanks

Comment

Thank you for your reply,

For FXCM, there is an option to use either NinjaTrader-recorded real-time historical data or FXCM server-supplied data.

To find out which you are using for historical data, go to Tools > Account Connection > Select your FXCM Connection > Press Change then Next to verify what is selected under Historical data.

If NinjaTrader servers are in use, the same would be true as with my last response (importing). If FXCM servers are in use, then likely this data could be used if your trading platform is able to link with FXCM and access their historical data.

Comment

ok so ninjatrader servers are in use. So i will need to connect to CQG real time data through ninjatrader to match the data i used to backtest. How would i connect to a CQG stream?

Many thanks

Comment

Unfortunately, I do not think what you would like to do is possible.

To clarify, CQG only offers index and futures data in NinjaTrader. This data can only be accessed in NinjaTrader for use with live trading. If you want to use this data in your alternative trading platform, you would need to inquire with them regarding if it's possible to import NinjaTrader's 3rd-party data into it for use with live trading.

You have NinjaTrader's servers selected for your FXCM Forex data, so the same scenario as above is also true. Only if you had used FXCM's servers and your application used for trading is able to connect and access their data would it be able to be used.

If you're asking how to set up a CQG connection in NinjaTrader, this is done via Tools > Account Connections > Add. If needed, you may request a demo from the link below.

http://ninjatrader.com/FreeLiveData

Comment

I am after forex data and only want it for ninjatrader platform not for any 3rd party software.

So the historical data i see for USDJPY when the ninjatrader historical server is in use comes from CQG, but i cant access CQG live stream data because they dont provide forex data, yet you provide their data for historical use?

cheers

Comment

I know that iqfeed, fxcm and kinetick etc offer forex tick data live however i am after the same data that i used to backtest for the live data

Comment

When connected to only CQG, only futures and index real-time and historical data can be received. USDJPY is a Forex currency pair, so would require a connection to FXCM or another Forex provider to receive data. If this forex data is needed, you can also use the link in my last response to request an FXCM demo. I believe you already have a connection to FXCM, however.

I'm not sure I am following what you would like to accomplish. You said in your initial post that you do not trade through NinjaTrader, which you only use for backtesting. As such, the data is already available in NinjaTrader.

I think it would be best to schedule a support call to clarify these items.Please write into to PlatformSupport[AT]NinjaTrader[DOT]Com along with a phone number and a good time frame to reach you, please include time zone.

Comment

Hi,

I only use it for charting and do not use it for entering trades through. So i have my brokerage where i enter trades and use ninjatrader for my charting.

All data suppliers for tick data are slightly different. IQfeed for example will produce a slightly different tick chart than fxcm will. So what i want is to be able to connect to the same data stream as i use for historical data? Which from what you've said is CQG. But they dont provide live forex data?! I want a data supplier that directly matches what i see when i reload my charts from your servers but for live.

Comment

Based on what you are describing, this will not be possible. The recorded data you are using for backtests is only available in NinjaTrader.

Comment

Hi,

I dont think we're on the same page here. I do not want data for anything other than ninjatrader. I use ninjatrader for my live data feed. I want to be using the same data stream within ninjatrder for live data as you use for your historical server. So whoever (CQG) you use for your historical server data, i want to use for my live data within ninja.

Comment

I think it would be best to schedule a support call to clarify these items.Please write into to PlatformSales[AT]NinjaTrader[DOT]Com along with a phone number and a good time frame to reach you, please include time zone.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                            Started by Stanfillirenfro, Yesterday, 09:19 AM
                            7 responses
                            0 likes
                            Last Post NinjaTrader_Gaby  
                            Started by TraderCro, 04-12-2024, 11:36 AM
                            4 responses
                            0 likes