Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Size of arrows

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Size of arrows

After updating to 8.0.6 arrows drawn using Draw.ArrowDown() or Draw.ArrowUp() are much larger than prior versions, they are now so large they get drawn over bars.

Any way to get them back to the size they were before?

I am facing the same issue, some indicators now have giant arrows. It is not only the arrows, dots are also giant now. Any way to make them smaller, even if I have to modify my code?

Example: Draw.ArrowUp(this, "UA" + CurrentBar, false, 0, 2300, Brushes.DarkGreen);

Comment

Originally posted by seahn View Post
      After updating to 8.0.6 arrows drawn using Draw.ArrowDown() or Draw.ArrowUp() are much larger than prior versions, they are now so large they get drawn over bars.

Any way to get them back to the size they were before?
      Due to this issue I want to go back to 8.0.5.2. When I run the installer it says I need to uninstall the current version.

Will I lose all my workspaces, templates and settings if I uninstall NT8?

Comment

I think the size can be changed using the templateName parameter. I just cannot find documentation on how to do this.

Comment

Hello everyone,

We have made changes to the minimum size of drawing objects so they appear bigger.

The minimum size was tied to the bar size previously, and was limited in how small you could make the draw objects.

We are tracking interest for this change and to apply better implementation. If you would like to see this changed or have input to provide, please post your interest in this thread, and we will track your interest with the feature request as well.

When expressing an idea, please be as concise as possible so our development team can better track the input coming in.

I will update this post with the feature request ticket ID. The ticket number will be noted in the Release Notes page of the NinjaTrader 8 help guide when the feature gets implemented. Release Notes can be found here: http://ninjatrader.com/support/helpG...ease_notes.htm

To answer the question regarding downgrading NinjaTrader, we do not typically recommend this as we apply numerous fixes in each new release. However your workspaces, templates and settings are saved in the Documents folder and are not removed when uninstalling.

When downgrading, please keep in mind any changes noted in the Release Notes that notify a change in workspace or template handling. If there are some major changes, you may experience issues using templates and workspaces from a new installation with an old one.

To anyone reading this thread and shares interest, please chime in to have your interest tracked.
          JimNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I think it should go back to how it was. This is how it is documented in the help guide:

"Tip: The size of the dot is tied to the chart's BarWidth and thus will scale automatically as the chart is resized"

I think it makes much more sense for those drawing objects to resize as the graph is resized. The way it works today IMO is a bug. Not mentioning that you are changing documented application behavior.

Comment

In my own case the new drawing object (arrow) size is very much out of proportion to my bars and indicators to the point of absurdity, it is quite distracting to my trading to have these giant arrows popping up with the price action.

My suggestion would be to allow the user to choose the size by adding a size parameter to the method, perhaps 0-100 where 0 is the minimum size and 100 is the largest. Or even just going back to the way it was which was fine and preferred by me.
              Last edited by seahn; 04-20-2017, 08:47 AM.

Comment

Hello,
                Thanks for your replies.
                Please see my message in the following thread:
                BrandonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by f.saeidi, Today, 10:19 AM
                1 response
                0 likes