Boxes around new Fib tools

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Boxes around new Fib tools

1. With the install of the latest NT 8 version, there are now boxes around the Fib text. These take up too much space for me to view the underlying ticker easily and their doesn't seem a way to adjust their opacity to 0.. Because I'm a price action trader this is a huge problem for me. Is there a way to go back to only showing the text?

2. This wouldn't be such a big problem if I could move the text to the left. Unfortunately, I can't.
    Set up your screen the way mine is: a 3 minute and a 15 minute chart horizontally adjacent to each other. If you add a Fib extension to the 15 minute chart, with text position on the extreme left, the text isn't visible on the 3 minute chart until you expand the chart to full screen.

I use the fix extension and retracement tools constantly, so I hope that you can help.

Originally posted by sgordet View Post
    1. With the install of the latest NT 8 version, there are now boxes around the Fib text. These take up too much space for me to view the underlying ticker easily and their doesn't seem a way to adjust their opacity to 0.. Because I'm a price action trader this is a huge problem for me. Is there a way to go back to only showing the text?
    Yes, the filled rectangles should be optional.
    In the meantime, as a workaround, I've set the right side margin to 130 and the text location property to Extreme right. This places the text boxes in blank space between the Y-axis and the current bar.

Comment

Hello sgordet,

Thank you for your post,

There is not currently a way remove the boxes without also removing the text, this is a change that was implemented in the last update. This is an item that out development team is tracking, I'll make sure to forward your note as well

tradesmart, I will track your's too. Thank you for the workaround!

Thank you for your use of NinjaTrader, we look forward to assisting further.
      Last edited by NinjaTrader_EricB; 04-20-2017, 07:41 AM.
      Eric B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello,
        Thanks for your posts.
        Double click on the Fibonacci anchor line to access the properties and see the image below for how to disable to text/text box and price levels opacity.
        Attached Files
        BrandonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks, Tradesmart. I tried your suggestion, and I lose too much screen real estate.

Brandon, not seeing the markers isn't an option. The Fibs are worthless to me without knowing the percentages.

Brandon, I've used NinjaTrader for many years. This is the first change that would cause me to go to another trading program if it's not quickly corrected. I rely on the Fibs for all of my targets, and I usually have several different extensions and/or retracements open. The boxes make it impossible for me to read the charts.

Comment

8.0.6.0 Just Say NO!

I absolutely HATE the new look of 8.0.6.0!!! Especially what they did to the FIB drawing tools. YECH!!! I immediately uninstalled it and went back to 8.0.5.0.

Comment

Hello sgordet,
              Thanks for your feedback.
              With this latest release we attempted to take a pass at enhancing drawing tools since they had not been updated along with the release. The implemented changes came at a cost of visibility and we are considering options to resolve this at this time.

Comment

Hello caverbob, tradesmart, and sgordet,

I have submitted a feature request to the product management team for the following feature :
                caverbob, tradesmart, and sgordet would like drawing objects to have opacity settings for the drawing objects themselves, and their labels, separately
                I will follow up with more information as soon as it's available. If the feature requests already exists, a vote will be added to it.

Please let us know if there are any other ways we can help.
                Last edited by NinjaTrader_JessicaP; 04-20-2017, 12:32 PM.
                Jessica P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Obviously the changed visual was a step back not forward. We will have this resolved in short order.
                  RayNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

In the interim, where do I find the previous release.

Once you point me to it, can I install it over the new build or do I have to uninstall the new build first?

Comment

Add my vote. Text only; no text boxes or anything else similarly obscuring that cannot be controlled.

To improve visibility further, I'd also like to scale Fib text font size independent of chart general properties. As-is, Fib text font size cannot be made smaller than chart general properties. Besides visibility benefits, if Fib text font size could be made smaller, then chart right side margin could be made narrower, for those displaying Fib text in the chart right side margin.

Comment

Thank you Lancer. Any notes in this thread will automatically be made available to the product management team. I have added your request as well.

sgordet, there will be a new release of NinjaTrader available soon, which will restore the desired behavior, while still including all of R6's bug fixes and enhancements. Please follow the Release Notes page to track NinjaTrader updates, bug fixes, and enhancements.

Jessica P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

With the release of NinjaTrader 8.0.6.0 we took a design pass on the drawing tools to enhance their style. Unfortunately this was a step in the wrong direction and at this time we are working to revert these changes. In the mean time you can follow the steps below to revert these changes.

• First you will need to exit NinjaTrader
                          • Download the attached file
                          • Right click on the downloaded file and extract the files
                          • Open the DrawingTools folder from the extracted file and copy the 15 files inside of it
                          • Within Windows go to Documents\NinjaTrader 8\bin\Custom\DrawingTools, delete the files in here, and paste in the downloaded files
                          • Open NinjaTrader and go to New> NinjaScript Editor
                          • Press F5 and once you hear a chime you have successfully compiled the changes and can restart NinjaTrader

If you needed assistance with these steps we would be happy to set up a remote call. You can email platformsupport[at]ninjatrader[dot]com to set up a call.
                          Attached Files
                          Last edited by NinjaTrader_Brandon; 04-20-2017, 03:51 PM.

Comment

thank you very much for the workaround.

Comment

I also really dislike this new update of boxes.

The same issue with the pitchforks! Can you disable the shaded area?

Thanks!

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by alifarahani, Today, 09:40 AM
                              4 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post alifarahani  
                              Started by gentlebenthebear, Today, 01:30 AM
                              3 responses
                              0 likes