Left scale width

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Left scale width

I like to have VOL indicator in each window of my workspace within panel 1 ( same as for price ) with the scale justification to the left, but the left scale is too wide and occupies too much of my screen.

Is there a way to hide the left scale or make it narrower? I don't really need the absolute number of contracts that the left scale shows, at least not in every window, just the comparison between VOL bars.

I have tried the scale justification to the right and overlay, which don't show the left scale, but it doesn't allow me to adjust VOL bar height as when the left scale is present.

Thank you

Hello,

Thank you for the post.

Currently, The width of the scale should be controlled based on the values being plotted. Are the values being plotted very large causing it to become wide? Could you provide an image of the chart you have currently?

I look forward to being of further assistance.
    JesseNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi,

the problem is just that the left scale is taking almost twice the width of the plotted values.

Since I have quite a few windows in my workspace the it ends up waisting a good part of the screen.
      Attached Files

Comment

Hello,

Thank you for posting the image.

Would it be possible for you to save the chart shown as a template and upload it for me to review? I have provided an image of what I see on the left scale which is not the same as what you are seeing. If this is based on settings we should be able to resolve it, otherwise, if this is only occurring on your end I would likely want to look further into it.

To save the template, please right-click on the chart and choose Templates -> Save as. Give the template unique name, and then it will be located in the folder: Documents\NinjaTrader 8\templates\Chart

Attached Files

Comment

Thank you.

Please, find attached the template.
          Attached Files

Comment

Hello,

Thank you for posting this.

After further review, it appears this is caused by the CrossHair accounting for potential values that are currently visible.

Toggling the crosshair will limit the space available to the current price markers only. When the crosshair is turned on, it appears the scale is adjusted to include the largest width price on the scale that is visible. I suppose this is in case you move the mouse to prevent the chart from "wiggling" around while the scale adjusts.

I will put in a note to development about this to ensure it is expected, otherwise, I will submit an appropriate bug report.

Last edited by NinjaTrader_Jesse; 04-26-2017, 08:18 AM.

Comment

Thank you.

When the crosshair is turned on the right scale does not adjust, and the left scale adjusts to accomodate for 2 decimal numbers, which doesn't apply for the number of contracts, a whole number.

Could that be fixed?

Thanks again

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by Barry Milan, Yesterday, 10:35 PM
              5 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post NinjaTrader_Manfred  
              Started by DanielSanMartin, Yesterday, 02:37 PM
              2 responses