Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NT8.0.6 Errors out on Draw.Text

No problems with previous versions although I did not try 8.0.5
    I get object reference not set to instance of object.
    I printed every single variable right before and their are no problems with any of them when they print but Draw.Text chokes with this new version.

4/19/2017 10:59:23 AM DrawYTag DrawText Label Tag -ML2401-8
    4/19/2017 10:59:23 AM DrawYTag DrawText Label IsAutoScale False
    4/19/2017 10:59:23 AM DrawYTag DrawText Label msg 5418.25
    HL
    4/19/2017 10:59:23 AM DrawYTag DrawText Label x 64
    4/19/2017 10:59:23 AM DrawYTag DrawText Label PixelOffset 5417.75
    4/19/2017 10:59:23 AM DrawYTag DrawText Label offset -65
    4/19/2017 10:59:23 AM DrawYTag DrawText Label ColorSS #FF87CEFA
    4/19/2017 10:59:23 AM DrawYTag DrawText Label xFont NinjaTrader.Gui.Tools.SimpleFont
    Indicator ' ': Error on calling 'OnBarUpdate' method on bar 1294: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Draw.Text(this,tag, IsAutoScale, msg, x, PixelOffset,offset, Brushes.Black, xFont, TextAlignment.Center, Brushes.Blue,ColorSS,100 );
    Last edited by JerryWar; 04-22-2017, 05:18 AM.

This problem is beginning to look like a manifestation of other issues with data and multiple data streams that I have been complaining about for a long time with NT8. Since I visually could not see anything wrong with the variables passed to Draw.Text I fixed all the variables to a set value and re tested.
    I slowly changed them back until I found the problem. It was BarsAgo. There are 1294 bars on the chart where it is failing see the error message above and I am trying to draw 64 bars back. And it errors out. So I slowly walked the bars back to see where it fails. Keep in mind there are multiple data streams all multiples of each other. So when there are 1294 bars on the chart it will only draw 41 bars back. The Draw.Text command , unless it has changed, is referenced to the root data series so the number of bars on the HTF should not matter but it is looking like there is some interaction here because there is clearly enough bars on the chart.

Comment

The Draw.Text occurs with BarsInProgress ==2

There are 32 Bars for data series 2 ( third data series ) when the error occurs.
      4/19/2017 10:38:57 AM DrawYTag DrawText Label Currentbars[2] 32
      so if the command is getting confused between the Root and Data 2 bars then
      I can see why it cannot draw 64 bars back.

So I put a check in my code for the number of CurrentBars[2] to be greater than my BarAgo variable and that eliminates the error. So I think you have a new bug.
      Last edited by JerryWar; 04-22-2017, 07:47 AM.

Comment

I am giving up on NT8 again going back to NT7 I had heard this was a big improvement. But from what I see 8.0.4 worked better. After spending all morning figuring out the previous bug. Now I see that Text that shows up in the object list is not being displayed on the chart. Keep in mind this all worked in ver 8.0.4
        and I saw nothing in the readme that dealt with DrawText yet it is all screwed up.

Comment

Hello JerryWar,

Thank you for reporting the behavior.

I have created a short script to test this behavior and I was able to reproduce.

The script waits for the 100th primary bar and then calls Draw.Text() supplying 99 as the bars ago value.
          Then on the next tick it prints the anchor time of the drawing object.
          I'm showing the barsAgo is referencing the currently processing bars object and not the primary bars object.
          I'm also showing the drawing object does not appear on the chart.

I have reported the behavior to our development and once I have a tracking ID I will post in this thread.
          Attached Files
          Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Chelsea,
            Thank you, that exactly confirms the behavior I am seeing.

Jerry

Comment

Hello JerryWar,

Thank you for your patience.

Our developers have provided the ID #NTEIGHT-11587 for this item.

Please wait for the next iteration of NinjaTrader 8 and test for this behavior once more. And post in this thread if you are still able to reproduce the behavior.
              Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I installed 8.6.0.1 and the problems seems to have been fixed. However, I have seem some related (MTF) issues leaving me Leary. There is also another major issue with my install of this release. I created a separate post of the errors I am receiving on reboot because that is a different problem. You can find that in the NT8 Platform support. I would give you the link but my browser doesn't show the address window. I am going back to 8.0.5.2

Jerry

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by arvidvanstaey, Today, 02:19 PM
                4 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post arvidvanstaey  
                Started by samish18, 04-17-2024, 08:57 AM
                16 responses
                0 likes