Realized PnL Always a Whole Number

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Realized PnL Always a Whole Number

I've searched and couldn't find anything so hopefully this will be a quick question for you guys.

I've noticed that the Realized PnL on my IB connection on the Accounts Tab is always a whole number and never contains an exact figure. Example: 12.00 or 23.00 and not 12.21 or 23.56. Why is this and can it be changed?

Also just to check up as I haven't heard anything back from Support on another issue when during that remote session it was also noticed that the Unrealized PnL section in the Accounts Tab when using IB is always 0 when the PnL column of the Positions Tab shows properly. Just checking that this did make it in to the bugs list for future modification.

Thanks,

Hello antrux,

Thanks for posting.

Values seen on the Accounts tab of the Control Center would typically be updated directly from the connected data provider. I'm checking into this matter on my end currently to see what would be expected with Interactive Brokers in NinjaTrader 8, and will follow up with further information as it becomes available.
    Drew O.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

IB is the broker and Kinetick is the data feed in my setup.

From the sound of things even if Kinetick is the data feed then it should still show fractions of a dollar right?

The Realized PnL is what is showing like this as the Unrealized PnL is broken and always shows 0.00.

Comment

Hello,

Thanks for your patience.

I have found that this is expected behavior in NinjaTrader 7 and NinjaTrader 8 when connecting to Interactive Brokers. I'm happy to submit a Feature Request to the Development Team to explore whether it's possible to expand this read out to display further granularity.

Comment

antrux,

Thanks for your reply.

Since Interactive Brokers would be the brokerage connection, Kinetick would not have an effect on this.

Comment

That's fine I wouldn't worry about it Drew. I was mostly curious as in the future I was looking for each strategy run on a symbol to keep a separate text file with various performance information in it on that symbol so the strategy could use that on-going information to better adjust the % of account balance to use and a few other items. I know much of it can be gotten from the Performance data in NT but if/WHEN the db needs resetting or etc then all that data may easily be lost and this way data could always be maintained even across a db repair or etc. Either way no biggy. Development has a couple other broken items that I'd much prefer their time to be spent on than how much change did I make or lose. <grin>

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by xiinteractive, 04-09-2024, 08:08 AM
            5 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post NinjaTrader_Erick  
            Started by swestendorf, Today, 11:14 AM
            2 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post NinjaTrader_Kimberly