Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Market Analyzer Column Presets

Hello Support

How does the Market Analyzer Column Presets work? If I click "save", where does it save it to? If I create another column, how do use the "preset" I saved in the previous column?

Screenshot attached

Appreciate your assistance
    Attached Files

Hello TraderYoda,

Thank you for your post,

The presets work like default settings, each column has their own preset. For example, if the Visible option is disabled on the "Ask price" column and then the presets are saved, the next time the "Ask price" column is added, it will be with Visible disabled as well.

These and other preset settings are saved to the Documents > NinjaTrader 8 > "UI.XML" file.

If you are experiencing an issue where a certain custom column is not recalling presets when new instances of the column is added, I suggest first renaming the UI.FIle and restarting. If you still see the same, try preinstalled columns like Ask Price. If the issue is only with the custom column, you'll need to report the issue to the vendor to look into further.

We look forward to assisting further.
    Eric B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_EricB View Post
      Hello TraderYoda,

Thank you for your post,

The presets work like default settings, each column has their own preset. For example, if the Visible option is disabled on the "Ask price" column and then the presets are saved, the next time the "Ask price" column is added, it will be with Visible disabled as well.

These and other preset settings are saved to the Documents > NinjaTrader 8 > "UI.XML" file.

If you are experiencing an issue where a certain custom column is not recalling presets when new instances of the column is added, I suggest first renaming the UI.FIle and restarting. If you still see the same, try preinstalled columns like Ask Price. If the issue is only with the custom column, you'll need to report the issue to the vendor to look into further.

We look forward to assisting further.

This has helped a bit .....thank you

Would be great if we could have a drop-down menu showing a list of saved presets as it seems you can only have one preset per column? The issue is you can have different plots to choose from per column so you would want different presets for the different plots used in cell conditions. Is there a way around this? If I choose a different plot in the column and safe the preset, it seems to override my previous preset I saved when I used a different plot in the column?

Appreciate your assistance

Comment

Thank you for your reply,

You are correct, only one preset can be saved per-column.

I will, however, forward your note regarding multiple presets as a feature request to our development team for future consideration.

Let us know if we may assist further.

Comment

Market Analyzer Column Presets/Templates

Hello Support

Do you have a feature request number for this request? A ninjatrader script programmer told me that templates would be a better solution than presets as presets can cause problems with future indicator script updates?

Thank you

Comment

Thank you for your reply, the feature request ID is SFT-2178.

Let us know if we may assist further.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by kaywai, Today, 06:26 AM
            1 response
            0 likes
            Last Post kaywai
            by kaywai

Started by ct, 05-07-2023, 12:31 PM