Unable to open trace file.......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unable to open trace file.......

Please help me or call me. I cannot open NT7 this morning. NINJATRADER has stopped working....

It says Unable to open trace file...... Access to the path.....is denied

Thank you,
    David Andrews
    Last edited by NinjaTrader_James; 09-07-2012, 07:48 AM.

Hello David,

Thank you for your post.

We will be calling you within a couple of minutes.

Comment

Same thing just happened to me

Same thing just happened to me after a power failure while a strategy was running connected to IB simulated account

Comment

Hello damo666,

Thanks for your post.

So I may assist you further please send your log and trace files into support.

You will find the log file on your PC in the (My) Documents > NinjaTrader 7 > Log folder.
        The log file will be named "log.20121012.txt"

You will find the trace file on your PC in the (My) Documents > NinjaTrader 7 > Trace folder.
        The trace file will be named "trace.20121012.txt"

Once located please send them as an attachment to support[at]ninjatrader[dot]com
        Please reference this forum's webpage in the body of the email.

I look forward to assisting you further.
        BrandonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I have uninstalled and reinstalled several time and deleted all ref in registry and reinstalled but i still get the error cant read trace file.

I my log and trace folders all the files are 0kb smd when I open them there is nothing in them.

How can I fully remove ninjatrader?

Comment

Hello damo666,

Thanks for your reply.

Please follow the steps listed below to completely uninstall and reinstall NinjaTrader:

Close all running applications.

Then from the Start menu select --> Control Panel --> Add and Remove Programs.

From Add and Remove Programs select NinjaTrader 7 and click Remove.

Then manually delete the folder "NinjaTrader 7" located under Start --> My Documents.

Delete any NinjaTrader installation files. This can be done by going to Start --> My Computer --> Search button --> search for (NinjaTrader*) --> select Local C Disk and then press search.

Then you will need to clear your internet browser cache and history. You will clear this from within your internet browser (with IE, Tools-->Options, delete cookies and files, clear history).

Reboot your machine.

Once these steps are completed, download NT7 from the link below:

Please let us know if you are able to get up and running after the reinstall.
            BrandonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Re: Unable to open trace file

Hi,

I use windows 8.1. I tried to login to my laptop today and noticed that I was logged in using a temporary profile. I was finally able to resolve the problem but with attendant more problem.

When I tried to login to ninja, I got the error 'unable to open trace file. I use ninja 7.

Is there any known solution?

Many thanks.

Ibuks

Comment

Hello ibuks,
                Thank you for your post.

A basic uninstall and reinstall should resolve:
                • Close all running applications.
                • Make sure NinjaTrader is closed from the Windows Task Manager:
                  • Press CTRL + ALT + DEL on your keyboard > Start Task Manager...
                  • Processes tab
                  • Locate and highlight "NinjaTrader.exe" > Click "End Process"

• Then from the Start menu select --> Control Panel --> Add and Remove Programs or Programs and Features
                • From Add and Remove Programs select NinjaTrader 7 and click Remove.
                • Navigate to the following folders and delete any "NinjaTrader 7" folders located here:
                  • C:\Program Files (x86)\

or
                  • C:\Program Files\

Once these steps are completed, download and install NinjaTrader from the link below:

Please let me know if you are unable to open NinjaTrader 7 after reinstalling.
                Cody B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Two days after updating to Windows 10, NT crashes and I can no longer open it due to a "Unable to open trace file" error. I have tried everything to uninstall and re-install. Can you help please. I'm losing opportunities to make money as long as I can't use NT.

Comment

Check permissions and ownership

Comment

Hello Brandenton,
                      We have had great success with users checking and changing the permissions settings and ownership.
                      Please let me know if the matter persists after checking these settings. http://ninjatrader.com/support/forum...ad.php?t=77105

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_CodyB View Post
                        Hello Brandenton,
                        We have had great success with users checking and changing the permissions settings and ownership.
                        Please let me know if the matter persists after checking these settings. http://ninjatrader.com/support/forum...ad.php?t=77105
                        I tried this as well, still not working. The error message "unable to open trace file E:\Libraries\My Documents\NinjaTrader 7\trace\trace.20150814.txt" When I go to the trace folder, there is no trace file in there.

Comment

Hello,
                          I would like to resolve this with a remote support session.
                          Please send a note to platformsupport[AT]ninjatrader[DOT]com with the following link in the bodyhttp://www.ninjatrader.com/support/f...ad.php?t=52322, a phone number where we can reach you, and a time frame that you are available tomorrow during our normal support hours of 8:30 AM and 6:00 PM Eastern Daylight Time.

I look forward to assisting you.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_CodyB View Post
                            Hello,
                            I would like to resolve this with a remote support session.
                            Please send a note to platformsupport[AT]ninjatrader[DOT]com with the following link in the bodyhttp://www.ninjatrader.com/support/f...ad.php?t=52322, a phone number where we can reach you, and a time frame that you are available tomorrow during our normal support hours of 8:30 AM and 6:00 PM Eastern Daylight Time.

I look forward to assisting you.
                            Email sent. Thanks.

Comment

Unable to open trace file issue....

Dear Sir or Madam,
                              Greetings,
                              I want to inform you that I tried to open my NT7 that was working just fine a month ago. However, I had this error message attached by this message that says
                              Unable to open trace file...... could not find the path.....
                              I went to trace file location where you can find a picture attached showing for real that such file does not exist.
                              Before writing you this message I tried to look into all the past posts related to this issue but no clear solution on how to overcome this problem was given yet.
                              Can you please guide me on how to solve this?
                              Please, I do not want to uninstall the platform from the scratch as some friends tried, due to the indicators I have and the history I downloaded. ....
                              I want to understand the logical cause of this issue and a simple solution please.
                              I can provide you with all the necessary datas if you wish.
                              Thank you so much.
                              Yassine
                              Attached Files
                              Last edited by Yassine.Chetouani; 04-20-2017, 12:53 PM.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by Barry Milan, Today, 10:35 PM
                              1 response
                              0 likes
                              Last Post NinjaTrader_Manfred  
                              Started by WeyldFalcon, 12-10-2020, 06:48 PM
                              14 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post Handclap0241