Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Level II - Track Market Makers

Dear Support,

I had wanted to ask this for a long time, just never get around to do it.
    How do we track or find out who is the market maker on a particular instrument?
    What would the Level II screen show if indeed the selected market maker is active?
    Would NT be able to provide a drop down list of market makers for each instrument to save users time (eg. provide detect market maker feature) ? Or More track all market makers in that instrument?

Thanks,

Best regards,
    Edward K.

Hello Edward,

Thank you for your post.

The Level II window will show the Market Maker under the ID column for Stocks. This sent from your data feed provider and is only for Stocks.

You can right click in the Level II window and select Tracked Market Makers > then left click in the blank field to add the name of the Market Maker to track from the ID column.

For information on the Level II window please visit the following link: http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/h...7/level_ii.htm

Please let me know if I may be of further assistance.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by NinjaTrader_PatrickH; 04-30-2013, 09:42 AM.

Comment

Hello PatrickH,

Thanks for the response. Your picture seems to show various market maker IDs, it seems like the exchange name rather that a market maker company. Does it mean consolidated market marker activity on those exchange?

Is there market maker on futures, eg on CL, I just add a few like those listed in you post, but NT just sound a response without those lists being displayed.

Thanks.

Best Regards,
      Edward K.

Comment

Hello Edward,

Thank you for your response.

This is the Market Makers as sent from the data feed provider. And this only works for stocks.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_PatrickH View Post
          Hello Edward,

Thank you for your post.

The Level II window will show the Market Maker under the ID column for Stocks. This sent from your data feed provider and is only for Stocks.

You can right click in the Level II window and select Tracked Market Makers > then left click in the blank field to add the name of the Market Maker to track from the ID column.

For information on the Level II window please visit the following link: http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/h...7/level_ii.htm

Please let me know if I may be of further assistance.
          hi sir

which data provider / broker will provide applicable L2 data (for equities) into NT7 / NT8 ?

please give me a list of Data Vendors / Brokers that I can connect NT into their L2 data for equities.

I prefer brokers so i can open account with them to get data free.

thanx

Comment

Hello omrangassan,

NinjaTrader supports stock trading with Interactive Brokers and TD Ameritrade. Connecting to an account with one of these brokers will also provide real-time and historical minute data to use within the NinjaTrader platform. Most brokers will typically include Level 2 data with the real-time price feed, but you would need to contact the brokers directly to confirm that this will be available.

Another option would be to subscribe to Kinetick as a dedicated market data solution. Kinetick can provide live data for stocks, including Level 2 data for the NASDAQ. You may subscribe to Kinetick at the link below:
            Let me know if I may be of further assistance.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by The_Sec, Yesterday, 03:37 PM
            1 response
            0 likes
            Last Post NinjaTrader_Gaby  
            Started by vecnopus, Today, 06:15 AM
            0 responses
            1 view
            0 likes