No Commissions in Trade Report

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No Commissions in Trade Report

I can't seem to figure out how to get commissions to show when I run a trade report in NT8. In the case of a strategy test, I make sure that the "include commissions" box is checked. I'm attaching a few screen shots so you can see how I have commissions set up, and the report I get when I run it.
    Thanks
    DaveN
    Attached Files

Hello daven,

Thank you for your post.

Could you please send the log and trace from your platform to look further into this inquiry.

Please send me your log and trace files from within NinjaTrader. Go to Control Center-->Help-->Email Support in NinjaTrader. Put 'Att Shawn', in the subject field and enable 'Log and trace files'. Also, give a reference of this thread in the body of the email.

We look forward to assisting you further.
    Shawn B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Sent it from NT8. You should have it soon or by now.
      Thanks
      DaveN

Comment

Any update on this issue? Did you receive my trace and log files and are they of any utility in getting to the bottom of this issue?
        Thanks
        DaveN

Comment

Hello daven,

Thank you for your post.

To troubleshoot this, please take the steps to uninstall and reinstall NinjaTrader.

NOTE: This will NOT remove any of your indicators, workspaces, charts, connections, or other settings provided you DO NOT delete the NinjaTrader 8 Folder in the My Documents directory of Windows.

1. Close all running applications.
          2. Make sure NinjaTrader is closed from the Windows Task Manager:
          • Press CTRL + ALT + DEL on your keyboard > Start Task Manager > Processes tab > Locate and highlight "NinjaTrader.exe" > Click "End Process"

3. Then from the Start menu select --> Control Panel --> Add and Remove Programs or Programs and Features
          4. From Add and Remove Programs select NinjaTrader 8 and click Remove
          5. Navigate to the following folders and delete any "NinjaTrader 8" folders located here:
          • C:\Program Files (x86)\
          • or
          • C:\Program Files\

6. Once these steps are completed, download and install NinjaTrader from the link below:

Please let me know if you see the same behavior after the reinstallation.

Comment

I followed the process you outlined, uninstalled NT8, deleted the sound file folder underneath NT8 in the Programs 64 directory. Re-installed NT8. Open it, ran a strategy test, and though I had the "commissions" button checked on the strategy dialogue box, and verified that I had commission values entered into the futures category, as well as for each instrument I trade, I still got the same result. No commission included in the strategy analysis report.
            Now what?
            Thanks
            DaveN

Comment

Just checking in. Posted my results at 10:06 AM this morning and still haven't back from anyone. Any idea why your last recommendation didn't work? What do I do now. I don't even know if this is expected or unexpected behavior. I assume unexpected since you are having me troubleshoot it. Could you give me some feedback about what is going on here?
              Thanks
              DaveN

Comment

Did you edit the account to attach a commission template?

Comment

Hello daven,

Thank you for your post.

Your Commission Templates can be applied directly in the Accounts tab of the Control Center.

Please see the steps below on how to apply a Commission Template to an account.

• Navigate to the Control Center -> Accounts tab
                  • Right click on an account and select 'Edit Account...'
                  • On the 'Commission' row, select the name of the custom template you created in the pull down menu
                  • Click 'OK

Commissions will now be applied to any displayed unrealized PnL related to that account, as well as the Trade Performance window for trades made after this configuration.

Please let me know if this resolves the behavior you were experiencing?

Comment

No, I just filled out the existing commission fields with commission information. I previously attached a snapshot of how I filled them out. Did I do that incorrectly? Am I supposed to be attaching a new template? If so, where are the instructions for doing that, since I had no idea it was necessary.
                    Thanks
                    DaveN

Comment

Will this also work in the strategy analyzer? I tried it, checked the "include commissions" tab, ran it but nothing showed up for commissions. Do I hae to set it up diffrently for backtesting and optimizing?
                      DaveN

Comment

Originally posted by daven View Post
                        No, I just filled out the existing commission fields with commission information. I previously attached a snapshot of how I filled them out. Did I do that incorrectly? Am I supposed to be attaching a new template? If so, where are the instructions for doing that, since I had no idea it was necessary.
                        Thanks
                        DaveN
                        Right-click on the account row in the Control Center's Accounts tab.
                        Choose "Edit Account..."
                        Choose the desired "Commission" from the list that opens when you click V

Comment

So I did this and applied my TopStepTrader commission schedule to all of the accounts I use to trade, (my actual account with TopStep, and the other dummy accounts, (Sim1, Account1, 2 and 3). That didn't make any difference in the strategy analyser. I will have to wait until I trade to see if it makes any difference live trading. Why would it be different though? In NT7, commissions show up in strategy testing. Why don't they show up in strategy testing for NT8. That feels like a bug to me.
                          Daven

Comment

Also, here's some other weird behavior. I can assign my TopStepTrader commssion template to Account2 and Account3, but not to Sim101, or Account1. I'm attaching the error message I get when I try to attach that very same template to one of the two latter accounts.
                            DaveN
                            Attached Files

Comment

I reset the sim accounts and now I can attach the commission schedule.
                              Weird.
                              DaveN

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by alifarahani, Today, 09:40 AM
                              6 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post alifarahani  
                              Started by Waxavi, Today, 02:10 AM
                              1 response