Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Strategy/Indicator import error

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Strategy/Indicator import error

I am getting this error when importing a strategy.

I have created an additionalreferences file along with the x64 and x86 dll and put it in the same folder as the strategy. I continue to get the error.

I have tried first importing the referenced indicator then importing the strategy and still get error. The indicator works fine but cannot reference it from the strategy,

Hi brucelevy,

Have you created a dll using NinjaTrader from a script you have created?

Are you trying to import this into the same computer and environment that the original was created in?

Is the original open source script still in NinjaTrader?
    Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I created the strategy but not the indicator. I am trying to reference the indicator from the strategy. For some reason it works on my pc but not others. I have tried renaming the ninjatradr7 folder and running a new install copy of NT7 but still same results.

Comment

Hello brucelevy,

Can you provide the export you have created?
        (Or create a test script that calls the indicator and export this and add the references and files to the export)

Also, please provide the original importable indicator package you are wanting to reference.
        Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Attached is the Export..

Blocktrader is the strategy, rangecheck is the indicator: https://gyazo.com/9a4cfc9820b10205498b5313a8688838
          Attached Files

Comment

Hello brucelevy,

Thanks for providing those.

I believe you will need to include the generic DLL for the scripts in addition to the .X86.dll and .X64.dll files.

Your AdditionalReferences.txt should only include the name of the additional reference and should not include instances of each dll. It only needs to be the name of the assembly without the .X86.dll or .X64.dll part.

This file should only contain one line as follows:

RangeCheck_20150110
            When you put the package together, you should have generic dll's included along side the platform specific assemblies.

I have attached a picture of a valid set up. Generic DLL's can be found in the NinjaTrader 7/bin/Custom folder.

Please let me know if I can be of further help.
            Attached Files
            JimNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

For some reason the import fails. I have tried creating a new Ninjatrader7 folder and importing it and gives me the duplicate methods error:

I also get this error on the original nt7 folder that I first installed it on...

How can I salvage this copy of nt7 it has a lot of other indicators on it and now will not let me import or remove anything.

Attached is the file.
              Attached Files

Comment

I was able to get the strategy to import correctly by installing a fresh copy and starting over with the export. Now all I need help with is how to fix the clients original NT7 install which says that you cannot import due to ninjascript errors etc. I cannot find the strategy that I attempted to import before it corrupted the install.

Thanks.

Comment

Hi brucelevy,

I'm glad you got the package to export appropriately.

Resolving compiler errors from import issues is something that we can offer in the support department.

The process can get pretty involved so it is usually best done over a remote support session. You can have your client write in to platformsupport[at]ninjatrader[dot]com with the text "Attention Jim" so we can schedule a call. Please have your client include the URL for this thread or provide a screenshot of the compiler errors so we can be better prepared to assist on call.

I look forward to being of further assistance.
                  JimNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                  Started by algospoke, Yesterday, 06:40 PM
                  2 responses
                  0 likes
                  Last Post algospoke  
                  Started by ghoul, Today, 06:02 PM
                  3 responses
                  0 likes