Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Indicator SubPanel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Indicator SubPanel

I have an Indicator that I plot in Two subpanels. The indicator for the most part works fine except for one feature. It plots a histogram in each panel. As the histogram changes direction the color changes. Where the color changes I place a Triangle or Arrow.
    PlotOnPricePanel is set to false in the code.

But what happens is On one time frame the arrows and triangles work as expected but
    on another one of the histograms triangles appears on the price panel. I cannot figure out why. See the attached pictures. Its the same code on different time frames.

I am totally at a loss for why this is occurring.

anyone have any ideas ?
    Attached Files

So after further examination, I see there is an overload for DrawOnPricePanel which I have never used.
    Why all of a sudden this should be an issue I do not understand . Previous versions of NT8 did not display this issue.

Comment

Hello JerryWar,

Thanks for opening the thread.

Could you clarify if you have resolved the matter by using a different overload for the drawing objects?

If you have not resolved your inquiry, could you provide the code and some steps I can take to reproduce so I can better understand what you are running into?

I look forward to being of further help.
      JimNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Jim
        Thanks for the response. If necessary I could post a simplified version. I won't get to try the
        added overload until this evening and then we can take it from there.
        What bothers me is that it repeatedly occurs on one Time Frame regardless of Symbol. Yet
        it only occurs on a longer time frame. In other words I have short time frames with Two of the same indicator and there is no problem. When I go to the longer time frame, "ONE" and only one of the copies has issues. If they were global objects I might understand that there could be interference but they are not.

Comment

Hello JerryWar,

Thanks for the detail.

What you are describing sounds interesting. I would appreciate it if you could share with me a simplified version to look into on my end.

Thanks again.

Comment

Jim
            I looked at the code change , It was simple so I just did it and that fixed it.
            However , it looks like my information was incomplete. There was another category of arrows
            which were drawn on Crossing Zero. They were the only arrows that already had the overload for drawonPricePanel . I am wondering whether your compiler in its ultimate wisdom did not like one
            set of Draw.Arrows with the overload and another Set without it and assumed something incorrectly.

Thanks
            Jerry

Comment

Hi Jerry,

I'm glad you have resolved your issue.

There is the possibility of a typo where an overload had the drawOnPricePanel argument set to true. If you think there is an issue with the overloads that should create a different behavior, please provide a simplified example so I can provide further input.

Comment

Jim,
                I do think there is an issue here. As soon as I can test it further I will get
                back to you.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by love2code2trade, Yesterday, 01:45 PM
                4 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post love2code2trade  
                Started by funk10101, Today, 09:43 PM
                0 responses
                0 likes