Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Error reporting

Hi,

One thing that could be greatly improved is error reporting. (I know, errors would not exist in a perfect world! )

For instance, in the log, and error such as this is generated

2017-03-15 08:58:23:189 Gui.Chart.Direct2DForm.RenderToTarget.ERROR: System.InvalidOperationException: Collection was modified; enumeration operation may not execute.
    at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowInvalidOperationException( ExceptionResource resource)
    at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2.Enumerator .MoveNext()
    at NinjaTrader.Gui.Chart.Direct2DForm.RenderToTarget( RenderTarget renderTarget)
    2017-03-15 08:58:23:190 ERROR: Chart rendering to a software bitmap failed. There is likely a problem with a chart object's render method. D2D error = 'Collection was modified; enumeration operation may not execute.'

Now, I have around 25 windows open on multiple monitors.

If, as most the feedback I get suggests this was an error related to an indicator, or some of my code for example, or something unique to me, which window/chart is the cause? I cannot know?

If the error recording were to report which window the error occured on, it would greatly help narrow down any bugs in either the product or user code.

If there is a way to figure this out already, please let me know.

Hello pjsmith,

Thank you for your post.

The error is not specific as it is reported from the chart's rendertarget which any number of items can affect.

May I ask what version of NinjaTrader 8 you are running? You can check under Help > About in the Control Center. Example: 8.0.5.1

I look forward to your response.

Comment

8.0.5.0 64-bit (Standard). I have not updated to .1 as the single fix in the release notes did not seem to make much difference to me at the time.

Comment

Hello pjsmith,

Thank you for your response.

So you were still able to see this error in 8.0.5.1?

I look forward to your response.

Comment

I have not updated to 8.0.5.1. I am still running 8.0.5.0. The version were released days apart and the latter release resolved a single known issue. The issues have only exist since 8.0.5.0 though (I have an open case on it and am testing). I will update soon, but given the 1 known fix addressed in .1, do not believe it should help. Once updated, I will confirm the issue still exists (if it does).

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by itrader46, Today, 09:04 AM
          0 responses
          1 view
          0 likes
          Last Post itrader46  
          Started by timmbbo, Today, 08:59 AM
          0 responses
          1 view