Hang Seng Index future configuration for Barchart

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hang Seng Index future configuration for Barchart

I subscribed to barchart to get HangSeng index future streaming data, and barchart support has verified that streaming data is enabled and he could retrieve it.

Barchart uses HSM17 for the front month June contract. I tried to put either "HSM" or "HSM17" in the existing HSI future symbol mapping's misc tab for barchart, but I am not getting any data.

Any Suggestion?

Hello marketstudent,
    The HangSeng Index Future within NinjaTrader is the HSI instrument. I would recommend adding this instrument to your default instrument list. I have provided you with a YouTube video from our Tips playlist on the NinjaTrader channel for you to reference.
    Download NinjaTrader FREE at http://www.ninjatrader.comThis video demonstrates how to add an instrument to an instrument list with NinjaTrader 7. NinjaTrader...

Comment

Hello,

Let me make it clear that this symbol is already in my default list, however, I am not able to get the streaming data from barchart.com. Barchart support has confirmed the data feed is on. The symbol that barchart uses is HSM17, How should I modify the symbol mapping to get the data?

Thanks!
      Last edited by marketstudent; 06-06-2017, 01:48 PM.

Comment

Hello marketstudent,
        The symbol mapping provided by Barchart directly within NinjaTrader is HSI and will not be HSM. The initial instrument displayed in Barchart may be named differently however will be the same data. I would recommend resetting the instruments within NinjaTrader and testing if the HSI within NinjaTrader matches the HSM within BarChart.
        To reset your instruments please follow the steps below.

Disconnect from your data feed: NinjaTrader Control Center> File> Disconnect> Select your data feed.
        Reset your Instruments: NinjaTrader Control Center> Tools> Options> Data tab> Reset Instruments>OK.
        Restart NinjaTrader> Connect (NinjaTrader Control Center> File> Connect> Select your connection.

Comment

Ryan,

I followed the steps you listed and also removed HSI historical data as well, but the data did not show up in Ninjatrader 7; I tried to connect to barchart.com from NT8, HSI realtime data show up there. Any idea what might be the cause?

Thanks !

Comment

Hello marketstudent,
            Can you please clarify if you performed the instrument reset within NinjaTrader 7? Can you also please clarify what version of NinjaTrader 7 you are on? Please go to Help > About to find the version number.

Comment

Ryan,

Yes, I did instrument reset 2 times, and each time followed by a NT restart. The NT7 version is the latest Release 7.0.1000.34.

Best Regards!

Comment

Hello marketstudent,
                Please send me your log and trace files so that I may look into what occurred to platformsupport[at]ninjatrader[dot]com.

You can do this by going to the Control Center-> Help-> Mail to Platform Support.
                Please reference the following in the email body: ATTN RyanM

Comment

Ryan,

I will do a fresh reinstall of NT7 over the weekend, I will let you know if it still does not solve the problem.

Thanks!

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                  Started by elirion, Today, 01:36 AM
                  0 responses
                  0 likes
                  Last Post elirion
                  by elirion

Started by gentlebenthebear, Today, 01:30 AM
                  0 responses