Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

cannot import ninjascripts

Hello

I am trying to add indicators to my NinjaTrader 7, but when clicking on "import ninja Script" on file --> utilities, I receive this error message (see picture). I reinstalled Ninja again and the error is still there. What can I do? thanks.
    Attached Files

Marcopicos, thank you for posting.

Please follow the instructions below to see where the errors are coming from after compiling the indicator. This will allow you to debug the indicator/strategy or remove it from your PC. If you are wondering why you receive an error when compiling only one indicator, it is because NinjaTrader always compiles all indicators and strategies - not just one. This is done to give you the highest runtime performance possible.
    1. Open NinjaTrader
    2. From the Control Center select the New menu--> select NinjaScript Editor
    3. Double click on the Indicators folder--> then double click on any of the indicators
    4. Once the indicator code is in view right click in the window and select Compile to compile all NinjaScript objects
    5. At the bottom of the NinjaScript Editor window a new section will appear where you can find the error locations
    6. You can exclude the file referenced in the editor by double clicking on the appropriate object type on the right of the NinjaScript Editor window. This will expand the object type folder. You can then select the file with a left click--> right click on the object--> then select Open to begin debugging the file, Exclude From Compilation, or Remove to delete the file.

If you are unsure as to what the error is indicating, please send me a screenshot of the NinjaScript File column and Error column fully visible (not to be confused with the Code column)

To send a screenshot with Windows 7 or newer I would recommend using Window's Snipping Tool.

Click here for instructions

Alternatively to send a screenshot press Alt + PRINT SCREEN to take a screen shot of the selected window. Then go to Start--> Accessories--> Paint, and press CTRL + V to paste the image. Lastly, save as a jpeg file and send the file as an attachment.

Click here for detailed instruction

We have also collected more comprehensive steps for resolving NinjaScript programming errors in this tip on our forums - http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/f...ead.php?t=4678
    Riley S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I don't find the NinjaScript editor on the New menu. I go to file --> new --> i don't find the editor

Comment

marcopicos, thank you for posting back up!

My apologies, the steps I gave were for NinjaTrader 8; below are the steps for NinjaTrader 7.

Please follow the instructions below to see where the errors are coming from after compiling the indicator. This will allow you to debug the indicator/strategy or remove it from your PC. If you are wondering why you receive an error when compiling only one indicator, it is because NinjaTrader always compiles all indicators and strategies - not just one. This is done to give you the highest runtime performance possible.

For NinjaTrader 7:
        1. Open NinjaTrader
        2. From the Control Center select the Tools menu--> select the Edit NinjaScript menu item--> select Indicator
        3. Select ANY indicator and double click on it (we need only to open and compile one script to see all compile errors for all files).
        4. A new window will appear and you will need to right click in the window and select Compile to compile the indicators.
        5. At the bottom of the window a new section will appear where you can find the error locations.
        6. From there you have the option to comment out offending code sections, remove the complete indicator or debug it to be able to compile again.

If you are unsure as to what the error is indicating, please send me a screenshot of the NinjaScript File column and Error column fully visible (not to be confused with the Code column)

To send a screenshot with Windows 7 or newer I would recommend using Window's Snipping Tool.

Click here for instructions

Alternatively to send a screenshot press Alt + PRINT SCREEN to take a screen shot of the selected window. Then go to Start--> Accessories--> Paint, and press CTRL + V to paste the image. Lastly, save as a jpeg file and send the file as an attachment.

Click here for detailed instruction

We have also collected more comprehensive steps for resolving NinjaScript programming errors in this tip on our forums - http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/f...ead.php?t=4678

Comment

Error message on importing ninja script

Hi
          How do you delete or remove this script, please see the attachment.
          I right clicked on bottom part but it didn't give me any options to delete or remove it.

Thanks.
          Attached Files

Comment

Allan, thank you for posting.

I can't make out the specific error message from the screenshot you provided. Please expand the "Error" column by maximizing the NinjaScript Editor window and then moving the Error column to the right. If you're unable to see the full error message, please over your mouse over the error and then provide us with the exact error message that you see.

I look forward to being of further assistance.

Comment

Error message on importing ninja script

How do you delete or remove these scripts, please see the attachment.
              This is expanded the "Error" column.
              Thanks.
              Attached Files

Comment

Allen, thank you for posting back up.

I'm not so sure how to resolve those error messages from the screenshot you provided, unfortunately.

Let's setup a remote support session to resolve this. Please launch our remote support application from the following link, http://www.ninjatrader.com/remotesupport.

Once launched, the application will provide you with an ID# and password. After you see an ID and a Password, please write into platformsupport[at]ninjatrader[dot]com; in the body of the email, please write ATTN Riley and please include this link: http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/f...d.php?t=100918. In addition, please include the ID and Password so that I may connect properly.

I look forward to being of further assistance.

Comment

Hi. I'm running parallels on my Macbook. I'm unable to import scripts (zip format) on Ninjatrader. In the first place, when I click the Import function under Tools bar, there is no option that pops up. I should see Ninja Script Add-on right? But I can't see it. I have attached a photo, for your reference.

Hope you can help me. Thanks

Comment

Hello JaneYao5,

Yes, you should have options at Control Center-->Tools-->Import (Backup File, Historical Data, NinjaScript Add-On and Stock Symbol List).

When installing NinjaTrader on a Mac using Parallels, you will need to ensure that the following steps have been taken prior to the installation of NinjaTrader.
                    • Start Parallels and select your virtual machine
                    • Press the "Configure" button on the top
                    • Under "Options", select "Sharing"
                    • Uncheck "Share Mac" under "Share Mac User Folders with Windows"
                    • Press "OK" and start the virtual machine
                    Could it be "Share Mac" setting is checked? If so, please uninstall NinjaTrader as per the instructions below, then uncheck "Share Mac" and subsequently reinstall NinjaTrader.
                    • Make sure NinjaTrader is shut down.
                    • Uninstall NinjaTrader 8 via Windows start menu-->Settings-->Apps.
                    • Uncheck "Share Mac" in Parallels
                    • Download and install NinjaTrader 8.0.27.0 from the link below.
                    • https://ninjatrader.com/PlatformDirect
                    Check if you are now able to import NinjaScript files.
                    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

UPDATE - 4HRS LATER
                      I UNINSTALLED, REBOOTED, REINSTALLED - IT'S WORKING NOW.

Support,

I attempted to load a script addon, when I go to Tools / IMPORT - I do not have any choices showing.
                      How do I fix this issue?
                      See attached screen capture showing missing IMPORT menu choices...

Windows 11 install.

TYVM
                      Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot 2024-04-04 215815.png Views:	0 Size:	48.4 KB ID:	1298491

Attached Files
                      Last edited by n3twa1k3r; 04-05-2024, 02:09 AM.

Comment

Hello n3twa1k3r,

This indicates NinjaTrader Desktop is running in safe mode. You can verify this at Control Center-->Help-->About-->Version.

Can you please restart NinjaTrader Desktop and check if the issue persists. If so, could it be the Ctrl key is stuck on your keyboard? NinjaTrader Desktop is started in safe mode when you hold the Ctrl key on your keyboard upon you double clicking the NinjaTrader icon (and you hold it until you get the Log In window).
                        JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                        Started by Irukandji, Yesterday, 02:53 AM
                        2 responses
                        0 likes
                        Last Post Irukandji  
                        Started by adeelshahzad, Today, 03:54 AM
                        0 responses
                        0 likes