Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Obtaining Entry Signal for a Position

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Obtaining Entry Signal for a Position

Hi all

Is there a way to easily obtain the entry signal associated with currently open positions?

I'm developing a strategy that has two types of entry signals, say Entry A and Entry B. Each of these have their own stop loss and profit target rules that are updated after every bar.

If I have an existing Entry A position open, and the entry criteria is triggered for Entry B, I would like to be able to just start applying my Entry B stop loss and profit target rules to the existing Entry A positions. For this to happen, I need to create a List containing the entry signals associated with open positions, so that when I update Stop Loss, the Stop Loss associated with the entry signals are correctly updated.

Any ideas / suggestions are greatly appreciated
    Jan

Hello,

Generally, you would use OnExecutionUpdate to either gather orders you execute or do other logic like apply for protective entries. You could use this override to check for filled orders and append the filled orders to a list or do other logic when you enter a position. We have a sample that shows the usage of OnExecutionUpdate and OnOrderUpdate here: http://ninjatrader.com/support/forum...ead.php?t=7499

I look forward to being of further assistance.
    JesseNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by TheMarlin801, 10-13-2020, 01:40 AM
    20 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post Bidder
    by Bidder

Started by timmbbo, 07-05-2023, 10:21 PM
    3 responses