Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A very important indicator is missing

Hello,

I have noticed that after last updates a very important indicator is still missing from NinjaTrader : VWAP (Volume Weighted Average price) . Do you plan to introduce it soon ?

Hello slightly,

Thank you for your post.

Three are not plans to add this to NinjaTrader currently, though there is a custom version available on our forum, linked below.

http://ninjatrader.com/support/forum...d=7&linkid=746

Custom add ons can be imported in NinjaTrader 8 via Tools > Import > NinjaScript Addon...
    Critical - Specifically for some indicators, it will prompt that you are running newer versions of@SMA, @EMA, etc. and ask if you want to replace, press 'No'
    See the below section of our help guide for more on using third-party add-ons.

http://ninjatrader.com/support/helpG...ty_add-ons.htm

Let us know if we may assist further.
    Eric B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I will shortly post open source versions of daily, weekly and monthly VWAP with standard deviation or quarter range bands. The VWAPs can be calculated for the full session or custom hours. A sample chart for a regular session VWAP on a 1000 tick chart is attached.
      Attached Files

Comment

Harry - that would be excellent - many thanks.

Comment

Harry, what do you feel is the best SD period for the VWAP for use on day trading tick charts?

Thanks.

Comment

Harry, what do you feel is the best SD period for the VWAP for use on day trading tick charts?

Comment

Originally posted by imalil View Post

Thanks.
              The VWAP is independent from the chart bars and the bar period. It will show the same value on a 888-tick chart, a 5-range chart or a 7-min chart. The same applies to the standard deviation.

VWAP and standard deviation do not use any bar period, hence the funny answer of Ricam.

The only settings that you can adjust are the multipliers for the standard deviation bands. I would let them set to 1, 2 and 3.

Only in case that you use mean absolute deviation bands instead of standard deviation bands, you should adjust the settings to 1.25, 2.50 and 3.75.

Comment

Originally posted by Ricam View Post

42 would have been more appropiate.

Comment

Thank you for the education. I am modifying a VWAP indicator I found on the forum by putting st dev bands on it by copying the bollinger bands ind. It requires a period to be included, otherwise I get an 'instance of an object' error. Small periods produce too many false moves, so I'm testing larger numbers.

I don't want to do it this way, but this is the only VWAP I could find on the forum and I know of no other way to do it.

Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by imalil View Post
                    Thank you for the education. I am modifying a VWAP indicator I found on the forum by putting st dev bands on it by copying the bollinger bands ind. It requires a period to be included, otherwise I get an 'instance of an object' error. Small periods produce too many false moves, so I'm testing larger numbers.

I don't want to do it this way, but this is the only VWAP I could find on the forum and I know of no other way to do it.

Thanks.
                    You cannot add Bollinger Bands to the VWAP. I have now published daily, weekly, monthly and quarterly VWAPs andTWAPs with SD bands here

Unlike averages or oscillators which are calculated over a moving window, our Session Tools periodically reset at anchor points. Typical anchor points...

It is an indicator library, which can be accessed for a one-time fee. Will also post the VWAPs at www.futures.io.

Comment

To be clear, I copied the standard deviation portion of the Bollinger Band indicator. So I'm calling the StdDev indicator. And it requires a period. I'm not sophisticated enough to do it any other way.

Thanks for the upload.

Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Harry View Post
                        You cannot add Bollinger Bands to the VWAP. I have now published daily, weekly, monthly and quarterly VWAPs andTWAPs with SD bands here

Unlike averages or oscillators which are calculated over a moving window, our Session Tools periodically reset at anchor points. Typical anchor points...

It is an indicator library, which can be accessed for a one-time fee. Will also post the VWAPs at www.futures.io.
                        Hi Harry would you post a link to the site you mentioned you are posting them to?
                        The link above futures.io just takes me to a home page
                        Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by sonia0101 View Post
                          Hi Harry would you post a link to the site you mentioned you are posting them to?
                          The link above futures.io just takes me to a home page
                          Thanks
                          www.futures.io has a download section for indicators. I am going to post it there as well.

Comment

... the universe, and everything...

Originally posted by Harry View Post
                            42 would have been more appropriate.

The number 42 is too important to be shared here, considering the effort that went into obtaining it..

14 is a favorite default period of indicator coders.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                            Started by sidlercom80, 10-28-2023, 08:49 AM
                            168 responses
                            0 likes
                            Last Post sidlercom80  
                            Started by Barry Milan, Yesterday, 10:35 PM
                            3 responses
                            0 likes
                            Last Post NinjaTrader_Manfred