Added additional Hot Key functions for tabs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Added additional Hot Key functions for tabs

The one tab-related hotkey that I can see being useful, and have repeatedly asked for, and was REALLY EXCITED to finally have, apparently wasn't added.

In what world is "next tab" and "previous tab" not the first thing you add to the software when you're considering tab-related hotkeys?

Do you guys even use NT8 to trade? Every release just makes me more and more frustrated.
    Last edited by jcrza; 06-22-2017, 11:34 AM.

Tabs can be switched via the hotkey "CTRL+TAB" or "CTRL+SHIFT+TAB" when the window is selected.

Comment

Huh, look at that. You don't think it'd be wise to put it in the hotkey list? An undocumented feature might as well not exist. What other hidden hotkeys are there?

Comment

This cannot be configured within NinjaTrader and isn't in the NinjaTrader documentation because this isn't a NinjaTrader-specific hot key. You'll find that this switches the tabs for most Windows applications (Chrome web browser, for example).

I suspect that other general Windows WPF hotkeys will also work with NinjaTrader and would also be undocumented in NinjaTrader's help guide.

Comment

I've been asking for this feature for months... you should really stick it in the hotkey list even if it's greyed out implying it can't be changed. I spend soooo much time toggling between different charts. This is a huge time saver. If you guys can just fix the chart lag when resizing certain series (say, 240 minute charts with many bars, or daily charts with many bars) I might just consider renewing my subscription.

Comment

Thanks for the feedback. I'll pass this on as a feature request. EDIT: the tracking number is SFT-2403.

We can likely help with your charting performance issues. There is no 'one size fits all' fix. A lot of chart performance issues have to do with your PC's hardware and software in addition to your NinjaTrader workspace configuration. for further assistance, please write into PlatformSupport[AT]NinjaTrader[DOT]com with a brief description of what you're experiencing.
            Last edited by NinjaTrader_PatrickG; 06-23-2017, 05:54 AM.

Comment

Ha, we've been over this (me and many other users) over and over and over and over and over again. My PC is not the problem, nor is it my workspace. I can load 5000 bars of 15m data and it works flawlessly. Other timeframes will chug with 3000 bars when I attempt to resize them. My computer is a veritable supercomputer when it comes to running 2d candlestick charts, it's Ninjatrader 8 that is incorrectly optimized. Just refer to one of the million other threads about this. It's your attitude on this issue that is likely to lose me and many others as customers. I'm sitting in a voice chat right now with a bunch of professional futures day traders who agree that "ninja charts are garbage, I couldn't deal with them so I stopped using it".

You're shooting yourselves in the feet by not getting an expert in there and fixing the flaws in your charts. Rather than take responsibility and release a big update you shift the burden to your users over and over again. Sad.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by junkone, Today, 11:37 AM
              0 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post junkone
              by junkone

Started by quantismo, 04-17-2024, 05:13 PM
              5 responses
              0 likes