Scalper

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by pdawg View Post
    I don't think it falls under the 3 lower closes rule, however did paint correctly as if it did, on the close of the following 3rd blue bar.
    Try this. I don't know if its better or worse so haven't updated the first post yet. It certainly picks up more in the chop.
    Attached Files

Comment

OK, I haven't tried this latest version yet but the last version seems to be doing fine.

I got this from another board, from the person that provided that EL code you tranlsated:

"As far as how the indicator actually works, John's description of "three higher closes" is a bit misleading. I disregarded this criteria in the code. It is merely based on swing highs/lows. I'll give an example for a Scalper Sell:

1. You get a high that's at least as high or higher than the previous two bars. This bar is a potential paintbar.
      2. The next bar makes a lower high; The low of this bar is the trigger.
      3. From here, if we do not make a higher high and we get a close below the trigger, we paint the swing high bar. Concept is simple but was a bit tricky to program (for me, at least)."

So you may have already gotten it. I'll keep you posted.

Thanks.

P

Comment

Hi Gumphrie,

thanks for this indicator, it looks really good.

I was wondering if it was possible to add a second color or chart marker to identify when the colored candle was formed ?

Thanks
        Ian

Comment

Originally posted by buderim View Post
          I was wondering if it was possible to add a second color or chart marker to identify when the colored candle was formed ?
          Yes, that's a good idea. It *should* be on the close of the candle above or below the trigger bar, so it always be three candles ahead.

Comment

Originally posted by pdawg View Post
            I got this from another board, from the person that provided that EL code you tranlsated:
            I didn't actually end up using that code as I couldn't work out what the exact equivalents to the swingHighBar/swingLowBar functions would be in NT. So I used the other code example which I had semi translated a while back and just took out all the EMA smoothing stuff.

Comment

Hi guys so which is the best zip file to import is it the one at the beginning of the thread or the one on page 1?

Thks in advance

Comment

Originally posted by Bogan7 View Post
                Hi guys so which is the best zip file to import is it the one at the beginning of the thread or the one on page 1?
                At the moment go with the one in first post. The one posted later may be better, but until I get more feedback I wouldn't bet on it.

Comment

Originally posted by Gumphrie View Post
                  At the moment go with the one in first post. The one posted later may be better, but until I get more feedback I wouldn't bet on it.
                  Thks for that

Comment

Scalper Indicator...

I downloaded the NT version developed for this thread, but in realtime trading it colors the bar far too late to be of much use in scalping. It could possibly be used to mark swing highs and lows, after the fact, for those who are looking at the most recent 3 swing points to assess short term trend.

For scalping, you would be far better served just watching price action versus S/R zones or even a low-lag Hull Moving Average rather than trying to depend on scalper buys and sells signaled a few bars too late.

Needless to say, I still tip my hat to those of you who are clever enough to code these things, especially for NT. You are truly to be commended for openly sharing your hard work in this manner.

Best Regards

Comment

randyjb,

You are correct. They way it's defined they get colored well after the fact. Carter even states he doesn't use them all by themselves. He uses them to signal off of key areas such as pivot levels, or to get ouit of a position. For example, he has said that if he gets a scalper signal the other way plus 2 consecutive TTM trend colored bars in the opposite direction he exits the position.

Comment

Originally posted by randyjb View Post
                        I downloaded the NT version developed for this thread, but in realtime trading it colors the bar far too late to be of much use in scalping. It could possibly be used to mark swing highs and lows, after the fact, for those who are looking at the most recent 3 swing points to assess short term trend.

For scalping, you would be far better served just watching price action versus S/R zones or even a low-lag Hull Moving Average rather than trying to depend on scalper buys and sells signaled a few bars too late.

Needless to say, I still tip my hat to those of you who are clever enough to code these things, especially for NT. You are truly to be commended for openly sharing your hard work in this manner.

Best Regards
                        Agreed, Scalper is its name, but its probably best as a swing confirmation tool.

Make sure you have the latest version off the first post as the v0.1 was 5 bars late, and the v0.2 was 4 bars late, currently it should only be 3 bars late, the same as other platform versions.

Thanks for the encouragement.

Comment

Originally posted by buderim View Post
                          After thinking about this you are right, it doesn't necessarily paint 3 bars ahead, only when it closes above or below the trigger bar, which could be several bars ahead.

So I've updated it to have the option of displaying arrows above or below any current trigger bars.

I've also found that the cpu load was unacceptable so I have also corrected that.

Please download from the first post.

Comment

Hi all,

I am wondering if ninjascript is really so much more complicated then easy lenguage or it is simply so in this special indicator!?

I was trying to make some changes to the code (divide the indicater in 2 diferent ones) so it only plots the high swings or only the low swing and can be used as a confirmation signal in a ATM swing strategy but no way.
                            Seams I eaven can not achive that the high scalp bar and low scalp bar are ploted with different coulors.

I am just starting with NT so maybe this is simply a very comlicated indicator but on the other hand I found on the web the code for TS for the same indicator and it seems 100 times simplier.

Please found attached the TS code and the NT code, there is a huge difference in complexity.
                            Attached Files
                            Last edited by whitegun; 11-09-2007, 04:51 AM.

Comment

Whitegun,

Please don't redistribute my code without the comments at the top!

Yes, it is more complicated than the average indicator as its doing custom plotting (overriding the Plot class) for the bars and arrows. Most NinjaTrader indicators are just plain bar or line plots which aren't as complicated.

Comment

I am realy sorry Gumphrie, I did not noticed that I did not copied the comments at the top (it was not my intention)!

I just edited the atachment of my last post ading your comments

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                                Started by algospoke, Today, 06:40 PM
                                0 responses
                                0 likes
                                Last Post algospoke  
                                Started by maybeimnotrader, Today, 05:46 PM
                                0 responses
                                0 likes
                                Last Post maybeimnotrader