Renko charts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Renko charts

Is there a built in Renko chart type as I didnt see this in the bar type drop down when configuring a data series?

futuros,

Yes, this comes by default with NinjaTrader. Please right click your chart > go to "DataSeries" > Change "Type" to "Renko" and change any other settings to your specifications.

Please let me know if I may assist further.
    Adam P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

On my version of NinjaTrader not appear Renko bars, can u help me?
      Thanks you

Comment

Originally posted by leicuz View Post
        On my version of NinjaTrader not appear Renko bars, can u help me?
        Thanks you
        You need to look in the correct place: it is a type of chart.
        Attached Files

Comment

Oh, thanks!
          I'm testing it in FOREX (EURUSD) but the screen goes blank chart...
          I set Brick Size in 0,0002 but i get an error message

Comment

Hello leicuz,

Thank you for your post.

What does the error report?

Who do you connect to for data? This is displayed in green when connected in the bottom left hand corner of the NinjaTrader Control Center.

I look forward to assisting you further.

Comment

the error message appears when I type "." or "," in the box "brick size"
              And the data are ZenFire of Mirus Futures (demo account) and the NinjaTrader is connected.

Regards.

Comment

Originally posted by leicuz View Post
                the error message appears when I type "." or "," in the box "brick size"
                And the data are ZenFire of Mirus Futures (demo account) and the NinjaTrader is connected.

Regards.
                Brick size is an integer number of ticks, pips, half-pips or tenth-pips: whatever is the basic unit of movement that you have set in the properties for NT. The error message tells you that the parameter must be an int32.

Comment

Hello leicuz,

Thank you for your response.

The blank chart is occurring because there is no data for FOREX from Zen-Fire. Zen-Fire supports futures instruments in NinjaTrader 7. You can find information on the data provided by your data feed provider at the following link: http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/h...rical_data.htm

Please let me know if I may be of further assistance.

Comment

Using Renko Bars for Strategy not working

Hello,
                    I am trying to use Renko bars for my strategy. I made a strategy using the wizard, but it does not work right. Is there a secret to building a strategy around Renko bars? For instance, I say to go Long if close is greater than open, but previous close is less than open, Close Long if close is less than open. It makes lots of trades but some might enter L on the 5th bar up or close the 3rd bar down?

Comment

Hello,
                      When you are creating a strategy that is using Renko Bars you do need to keep in mind of how the Renko Bars are formed as they do affect the strategy as you are seeing.
                      I would recommend to read the following post on developing with Renko Bars in mind as it explains it quite well.

If we can be of any other assistance please let us know.
                      Cody B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks Cody. I am working on this w/ UniRenko and HAshi together. I have a simple order entry of L or SH at close. But I guess I can't really tel what it will really do until I run it during Forex market hours. Should I expect the data from my real FXCM to act any differently than my sim account w/ FXCM?

Comment

Also, I am watching several pairs live in my FXCM demo account. I am getting crazy looking bars, with long wicks on 2-4 consecutive bars that have the same H or L. I did notice those crazy High and Low wicks on the simulated test, during the weekend, but now that I am live, I would not expect them. Do you have an idea what that means and what I might do to fix it? It seemed like my strategy was working at first, but now I can't tell. I'll watch it for the next day or two and see if anything changes. Thanks again!

Comment

Hello,
                            Data generated through the Simulated Data Feed is expected to be different than data on a demo account or a live account.
                            If you are using a demo account the data would be the same as a live account.

Can you clarify if you are seeing these while connected to the simulated Datafeed or are you seeing this with a demo account?
                            Cody B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

renko charts in live trading

Hello,
                              I have a problem with my Renko charts. I have Interactivebrokers as my data provider and my ninja is connected to it. I can work well with renko charts on historical data, but as soon as I connect to real live data, I have a problem with my graph. My renko bars start creating since the time I opened the chart and everything before that is blank, altought market is opened. In other words- I can not see any previous bars of the session. Lets say I start trading YM at 16:00, I can se on my chart renko bars created since 16:00 but I would like to see morning situation or situation at 12:00 14:00, 15:30 etc...Can you please help me where is the problem? I tried 1min graph at the same conditions and it works normal ( I can see previous bars till 3 days ago) but with Renko bars (same setup) nothing previous

Thanks for your help and advices
                              Tomas

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by devatechnologies, 04-14-2024, 02:58 PM
                              3 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post NinjaTrader_BrandonH  
                              Started by tkaboris, Today, 08:01 AM
                              0 responses