HH & HL Indicator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello caltrader,

The version you have posted appears to draw the Text like in the original version. Am I misunderstanding what you are trying to accomplish or are you providing this as an example for other users?

Thank you in advance.
    Michael M.NinjaTrader Quality Assurance

Comment

I am a complete noob to 'indicator development' so excuse the beginner language and question. I love this indicator but for me it will only mark/label 4 bars AFTER it has hit a HH, HL, etc.. Is there any way I can make this indicator live as it is has hit a HH, HL, etc? Or heck even after the close of the bar that it hit the HH and such? Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

Comment

Hello optiontrader,

This indicator is several years old, and the original author may be unavailable. Looking at the code, it appears it relies on several other indicators which rely on having several bars worth of data available, such as the Swing indicator. This would mean that it cannot provide markings in real time; it would need those 4 bars worth of data to make a decision. So it does not look like what you are describing can be easily accomplished.
        Jessica P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I don't understand the script and so I have no idea what this indicator is composed of. I know it can be done to where it is calculating live and on current bar. I have already tried by simply clicking "false" on "calculate on bar close" under the data tab on the indicator, but realized it is not that simple. I know this might seem odd but I have seen it once before. Can you point me in the right direction?

Comment

Actually I believe I have figured out how to produce this indicator to run live. I would need help on how to actually develop the script, anyone willing to help me out?

Comment

Hi nfsfantasy

Did you have any luck getting this indicator to work in real time?

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_JessicaP View Post
                Hello optiontrader,

This indicator is several years old, and the original author may be unavailable. Looking at the code, it appears it relies on several other indicators which rely on having several bars worth of data available, such as the Swing indicator. This would mean that it cannot provide markings in real time; it would need those 4 bars worth of data to make a decision. So it does not look like what you are describing can be easily accomplished.
                Hi Joydeep

I am interested in your comment that this indicator only prints after acquiring the information from future bars. Is it possible for you to tell me exactly how many bars that is. I notice you said several bars and then you said 4.

Thanks you in advance for your help.

Comment

Originally posted by optiontrader View Post
                  I am a complete noob to 'indicator development' so excuse the beginner language and question. I love this indicator but for me it will only mark/label 4 bars AFTER it has hit a HH, HL, etc.. Is there any way I can make this indicator live as it is has hit a HH, HL, etc? Or heck even after the close of the bar that it hit the HH and such? Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.
                  Sure but you have to change the Structure of the Code. Currently it Creates a Label on a Pivot Lets say it is a High Pivot, HH / Double Top / LH. That is what takes 4 Bars for the Pivot to be confirmed by the Routine. So your logic has to look ahead. After the previous Low pivot It doesn't wait for the next High Pivot to start displaying labels it starts comparing Price immediately and displaying the proper High Label which of course can change as price moves up until of course the High Pivot is confirmed by the Routine in which case it starts the same process for a Low Pivot.

Comment

I am happy to go into detail with my comment. If we look into the code for the Swing indicator, we find lines such as

Code:
                    [FONT=Courier New]
                                        for (int i=0; i < strength; i++)
                                            if ((double) lastHighCache[i] >= swingHighCandidateValue - double.Epsilon)[/FONT]
                    When we have DataSeries[index], the index value tells us how many bars ago we have to look. In this case, this indicator needs to look up bars ago back up to the value for strength, which is 5 by default. While it is possible to use some indicators that rely on historical data like this to provide present information, due to the way this indicator's logic is structured, it will often only have opportunities to detect a swing well after the swing has happened.

This means the only way to get continuous results on the current bar would be to change the code's logic. One easy way would be to provide a secondary data series for Swing calculations, which is more granular than the primary bar series. This would allow for faster swing detection, which in turn would allow the wrapper NinjaScript to react to swing conditions more quickly.
                    Jessica P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                    Started by TraderBCL, Today, 04:38 AM
                    2 responses
                    0 likes
                    Last Post TraderBCL  
                    Started by martin70, 03-24-2023, 04:58 AM
                    14 responses
                    0 likes