damaged database or xml files...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

damaged database or xml files...

I had a computer crash today and when I came back to windows, it wanted to do the hard drive scan. I watched it, and noticed some messages came up showing some xml files being truncated from the ninja trader 6.5 folders...

Now in Ninja Trader, when I connect, it show my demo account, but the balance is blank, no text at all appears in any of the balance boxes. That's under the account tab. Also no orders appear under the orders tab, I mean none active and non inactive, but when I try to shut down NT after connecting it pops up the message saying that I have 11 active orders. Also when I try to start my strategy, I click start, and uhhh... I know it starts because I see a alert box pop up (which is part of my code), but other than that, nothing... the start button doesn't change to "cancel" and the strategy name doesn't turn green like it normally does when it's turned on. I can then click "start" again which seems to stop it, and restart it, but the button never changes from saying "start"... and no orders appear in the orders tab, and no open positions showing in the positions tab...

Alright so you get the point, I'm all messed up None of this is a big deal since it's on a demo account, I can just start over with a new account.

However, when I tried to delete the account, it refuses to delete it. I mean, it says it deleted it, but when I restart NT and reconnect, the account is there again. So it's all boo boo'd lol.

I totally uninstalled NT 6.5, from the control panel, and reinstalled it, and the accounts are still there and the problems still there as well. I've already backed up my strategies. How do I tell it to completely reinstall? help

Blessings,
    Aaron

- uninstall NT6.5 via control panel
    - manually delete folder <my documents>/NinjaTrader6.5. Note: all your trade and historical chart will be lost
    - reinstall NT6.5

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by cre8able, Today, 03:20 PM
    0 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post cre8able  
    Started by Fran888, 02-16-2024, 10:48 AM
    3 responses
    0 likes