Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

NT7: Annoying NinjaScript Import Dialog fixed?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NT7: Annoying NinjaScript Import Dialog fixed?

This annoying dialog needs to go in NT7. At the very minimum have a check box to remember the users choice.

In reality, the only time this is even required in the first place is when dealing with compiled assemblies where the code is hidden....
    Attached Files

Thanks, we'll look into (no commitment yet).

However, the dialog has value even on source import, since most of our users don't care about inspecting the actual source code, they just trust the "ready to go" functionality. Thus, even source code could be malicious and this dialog actually would make these users inspect the code.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Dierk View Post
      Thanks, we'll look into (no commitment yet).

However, the dialog has value even on source import, since most of our users don't care about inspecting the actual source code, they just trust the "ready to go" functionality. Thus, even source code could be malicious and this dialog actually would make these users inspect the code.
      I understand your point, and it makes sense to bring this to the attention of new users. But there is absolutely no reason for this to be shown EVERY TIME with no way to get rid of it (i.e. a checkbox, or a setting, which while enabled by default can be changed).

Dierk, at this point many of us have imported hundreds of NinjaScript files, we don't need to be babysat and all this does is make the importing process take twice as long.

As far as I'm concerned this is a UI design issue not a security feature. It falls into the same category as the dreaded system modal splash screen, 'data loading' and message box after compiling a NinjaScript. The other issues are reportedly addressed in NT7 and I'm just hoping this one can be too.

Comment

Thanks for your feedback.

Comment

Support EW here. It is pretty annoying if one wants to import more than a few at a time. It will be a big plus, if NT7 will support script import through drag-n-drop. Now it just takes too many steps to get there.

Comment

Originally posted by wuolong View Post
            Support EW here. It is pretty annoying if one wants to import more than a few at a time. It will be a big plus, if NT7 will support script import through drag-n-drop. Now it just takes too many steps to get there.
            Hello Wuolong,

Thank you for your post and suggestion.

I will forward this to development for future consideration.

Have a great day and happy trading!
            Ray S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks, RJStein,

I posted the following in the other thread, maybe you can consider these as well?

--------------------
              I guess it will be very convenient
              1. if NT7 would support drag-n-drop of a script file to start the import process.
              2. Another one could be more of a challenge, to allow an indicator of different time-frames in one chart, i.e. for an hourly chart, one can add an hourly indicator and/or the same indicator, but specify it is daily or other time-frames.
              3. Allow one indicator be scaled relatively to another one if both are put in one panel but with different scales.

Thanks.
              ------------------------------

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_RJStein View Post
              Hello Wuolong,

Thank you for your post and suggestion.

I will forward this to development for future consideration.

Have a great day and happy trading!

Comment

Can you give me a link to the other thread you posted in, so I can check to see if these suggestions were forwarded already?

Thank you!
                Ray S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Here you are:

Thanks again!

Comment

Hello wuolong,

I will forward your suggestions to our development team and ask them if they can add this to the list of future considerations for the software.

In addition, you can find NinjaTrader 7 charting improvements and new charting features at the link below.
                    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks, Jason.

Another thing I forgot to mention is that the drawing objects do not stick ONLY to the symbol intended to. For example, if I open up AAPL chart and draw some trendlines, and then switch to RIMM, the trendlines will stay with RIMM chart. This is very inconvenient since I have to remove the trendlines if I want to watch RIMM chart for a while, but then I will need to re-draw the lines if I switch back to AAPL later on. Hopefully, I make my point clear

Thanks again!!!

Comment

Originally posted by wuolong View Post
                        Thanks, Jason.

Another thing I forgot to mention is that the drawing objects do not stick ONLY to the symbol intended to. For example, if I open up AAPL chart and draw some trendlines, and then switch to RIMM, the trendlines will stay with RIMM chart. This is very inconvenient since I have to remove the trendlines if I want to watch RIMM chart for a while, but then I will need to re-draw the lines if I switch back to AAPL later on. Hopefully, I make my point clear

Thanks again!!!
                        That is clear, NT7 draw objects are local to symbol.
                        RayNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                        Started by mjairg, 07-20-2023, 11:57 PM
                        3 responses
                        1 like
                        Last Post PaulMohn  
                        Started by TheWhiteDragon, 01-21-2019, 12:44 PM
                        4 responses
                        0 likes