Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Link SuperDOM to ATM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Link SuperDOM to ATM

(NT8 Platform)
    This is likely already addressed elsewhere in the forum history; forgive me... I have a strategy and I'm good to go using the wizard and my automated order triggers are set. I built out stop strategies using the SuperDOM and now either need to link the desired stop Strategy with the program trigger, or build out DOM sequence in the code. Anyone done this yet or have code-sets? Links to similar discussion? Thanx

Hello,

Thank you for the post.

What you are wanting to do is possible but would require manual coding. If you are already good to go with the builder portion, you can save a duplicate and unlock the code to continue.

There is a sample included with the platform called SampleATMStrategy that highlights the minimum requirements for controlling one ATM strategy from a NinajScript strategy. It is a more detailed process but then you have access to your ATM templates and entries from the NinjaScript strategy.

Please note, you do need to remove all of the Managed Approach EnterLong, EnterShort etc.. and replace it with the AtmStrategyCreate or other ATM-related methods for the purpose needed.

There are also more advanced ATM controls in NT8 using the addon framework as well. I wanted to mention this because if you search in the help guide for ATM related concepts, make sure you are looking in the appropriate section in the left bar: manual trading, strategy or addon.

I look forward to being of further assistance.
    Last edited by NinjaTrader_Jesse; 05-13-2017, 05:29 PM.
    JesseNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Well when I said good to go on the strategy builder firing trigger I spoke too soon ... I managed to find Strategy Wizard 301 on YouTube and it was helpful but I'm only seeing version 7 materials. Possible you can link in videos such as this one?:
      Understand the fundamentals of basic strategy creation by developing an actual strategy using the NinjaTrader Strategy Wizard.3:23 Strategy Wizard Overview7:...

This one is version 7. I have an indicator from Ninza and they do point out internal settings that fire their chart features... I'm curious how to do that in script. What I refer to can be found here:

and they refer to settings of 2 and -2 here:

Dedicated NinjaScipt signals:
      • Signal_State: 2 = bullish strong, 1 = bullish moderate, -2 = bearish strong, -1 = bearish moderate, 0 = undetermined insignificant, 99 = undetermined significant
      I assume I need to plug in via code these signal state settings? Looking to find out where... If a video is available for version 8 as I have listed above for version 7 that would be very helpful!
      Thanx a bunch

Comment

Hello,

We do have these videos converted over, here is the main training section for NT8: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...ZmVnauWXkWe0Nf

The specific video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HCyt...We0Nf&index=11

Regarding the dedicated signals, I was unable to see that in the page linked but it seems like they just have a plot configured to produce specific numbers in specific situations. This could be interpreted by the MarketAnalyer for conditions, in another script or pretty much wherever you may be able to access a Plot in the platform.

If that is the case, you can likely access the value of the item in question just as you would with other indicators like the Bollinger accessing its Upper band:

Code:
        double value = Bollinger(0.5,12).Upper[0];
        Substituting the Bollinger with the name of your indicator in question and the parameters it takes. you could likely ask their support for a sample of the syntax for a specific indicator of theirs if you are uncertain.

Comment

VERY helpful... Thank you... Studying away on programming, gonna be a weekend of fasttrack VB 101 ...

Comment

Hello,

Thank you for the reply.

I am unsure if VB is related to something else you are working on, I just wanted to mention that NinjaTrader uses specifically C# which is very different from VB in case you are trying to locate training or other materials to learn VB specifically.

Comment

C# can be edited in VS so getting an initial understanding of VB to me is step one... Baby steps My skillsets are webcoding & javascripts & such. Just want to dive into class structure first. This is just freak'n fun ...

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by bortz, 11-06-2023, 08:04 AM
              47 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post aligator  
              Started by jaybedreamin, Today, 05:56 PM
              0 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post jaybedreamin