Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DValueArea question

DValueArea for NT8.

is there way for me to tweak this or is there a indictor for weekly or monthly instead of daily?

Thanks

Hello sk_future, and thank you for your question.

I am not aware of a dvaluearea indicator built-in to NinjaTrader 8. Is this a third party indicator or another indicator on the forums? If it is freely and publicly available, would it be possible for you to provide a link?

I look forward to assisting further.
    Jessica P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Yes on the first page of indicators on the nt 8 indicators.

Comment

Thank you sk_future. I have found this indicator on our forums. This indicator can be modified in your NinjaScript editor. If you double-click the indicators folder on the right, you can find your installed DValueArea indicator's source code, and double-click on it to edit it.

Once you have done so, please find this code near line 503 :

Code:
        [FONT=Courier New]
                        cSStartTime = new DateTime(Time[0].Year, Time[0].Month, Time[0].Day, openHour, openMinute, 0, 0, DateTimeKind.Utc);
                        cSEndTime = cSStartTime.AddHours(SessionLengthHours);[/FONT]
        To make this cover a whole week, we can modify this code as follows :

Code:
        [FONT=Courier New]
                        cSStartTime = new  DateTime(Time[0].Year, Time[0].Month, Time[0].Day, openHour,  openMinute, 0, 0, DateTimeKind.Utc);
        [/FONT][FONT=Courier New][FONT=Courier New][B]               cSStartTime.AddDays(-6.0);[/B]
        [/FONT]                cSEndTime = cSStartTime.AddHours([B]24.0 * 6 + [/B]SessionLengthHours);[/FONT]
        I chose to subtract 6 days instead of 7 because this script is already designed to cover yesterday.

Comment

Hi, thanks for trying to solve this weekly display issue. I have made the changes to the script as instructed, but I'm still not able to display the weekly TPO, are there certain things I should change in the setting? I know this is a third-party add-on but I would appreciate if you could take a quick look to see what I'm missing. Thanks!

Comment

Thank you for your question luigizerozero. Could you attach the C# file from your (My) Documents\NinjaTrader 8\bin\Custom\Indicators folder for the indicator you retrieved to a reply, along with the edits you have made, and a screen capture of the output you received?

To send a screenshot with Windows 7 or newer I would recommend using Window's Snipping Tool.
            Click here for instructions
            Alternatively to send a screenshot press Alt + PRINT SCREEN to take a screenshot of the selected window. Then go to Start--> Accessories--> Paint, and press CTRL + V to paste the image. Lastly, save as a jpeg file and send the file as an attachment.
            Click here for detailed instruction

Comment

Originally posted by luigizerozero View Post
              Hi, thanks for trying to solve this weekly display issue. I have made the changes to the script as instructed, but I'm still not able to display the weekly TPO, are there certain things I should change in the setting? I know this is a third-party add-on but I would appreciate if you could take a quick look to see what I'm missing. Thanks!
              Do you mind sharing the weekly file?
              I tried it but it doesn't work for me. It still plots daily.
              Screenshot of your parameter might help me too.
              Thank you

Comment

Unfortunately, I have not been able to display weekly profile in NT8 either.

Comment

Jessica, thanks for the follow up. Attached is my version of the Dvalue which should be the latest version of it all. I have made the edition per your suggestion as you'll see from the script, I'd appreciate you test it to see if it will generate a weekly profile and monthly profile for that matter. Thanks very much/
                  Attached Files

Comment

Thank you for providing this code luigizerozero . I noticed that the symbol "AddDays" does not appear in this code. I believe this may be an original (which is also very useful). Can you also provide the copy of the code that you edited, acting on my advice in post #4 ? Please remember that there are several places in this code where start and end times are compared directly.

Comment

You're right. sorry about that. This time I'm exporting straight from the script editor. Here is the correct one.
                      To clarify my question, I have not been able to configure the settings to display a profile beyond intraday timeframe. In another word, the indicator cannot display profile on day timeframe or even on 1440 min. Secondly, regardless of the session length I choose, the profile could not cover beyond 24 hours.
                      My workaround is to use ScreenMapType=2, then adjust PreviousSessionslength as necessary to form a composite profile of any given length. Hope this might help others. But having a weekly and monthly profile for this indicator is surely appreciated. Thanks again for helping out,Jessica.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Thank you luigizero. This has helped me understand that the modifications needed do go beyond the educational example I provided. I will leave this page up on the forums so that our members will have an opportunity to modify this indicator in this way.

Comment

Yes it's not easy to modify the existing code, there are of course paid options available from third-party vendors.

Comment

Originally posted by luigizerozero View Post
                            You're right. sorry about that. This time I'm exporting straight from the script editor. Here is the correct one.
                            To clarify my question, I have not been able to configure the settings to display a profile beyond intraday timeframe. In another word, the indicator cannot display profile on day timeframe or even on 1440 min. Secondly, regardless of the session length I choose, the profile could not cover beyond 24 hours.
                            My workaround is to use ScreenMapType=2, then adjust PreviousSessionslength as necessary to form a composite profile of any given length. Hope this might help others. But having a weekly and monthly profile for this indicator is surely appreciated. Thanks again for helping out,Jessica.
                            It is really strange, it works for me on intraday and on 1440 min timeframe too. You are probably doing something wrong in settings. Create a picture with your settings and post it here, than we will see where the problem could be...

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                            Started by Lumbeezl, 01-11-2022, 06:50 PM
                            31 responses
                            1 like
                            Last Post NinjaTrader_Adrian  
                            Started by xiinteractive, 04-09-2024, 08:08 AM
                            5 responses
                            0 likes
                            Last Post NinjaTrader_Erick