Chart - fixed price scale option

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My request for chart enhancement is to add the ability to select a fixed price scale, so that a certain number of ticks is always the same size vertically. This fixed scale would scroll up or down with price changes to show as much of the most recent prices as possible.

Downside to this is that with fast price movement, the historical bars are out of view.

Benefits (for me) are that indicator lines have a constant "slope" and that I can immediately judge price volitily.

I hope you think this a worthy addition. Thanks,

imported post

Thanks for taking the time to post your suggestion. This will be added to our list of enhancements for futureconsideration.

Ray
    RayNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Was this ever added as enhancement? This thread is from about 2 years ago, but I can't find anything more recent.

I'm trying NT this weekend for this first time and have not been able to find a way to prevent the right side (price) axis from automatically changing based on the range of bars shown.

I simply want, for example, a one point bar to be the same height every time I look at it. Seems basic to me, but I can't find it.

Comment

Mikey.. you cannot find it because that feature is not yet native to the software despite many requests over a long period of time. We are all hopeful that it will appear in the Version 7 Beta that is due out by the end of this quarter.. but we shall have to wait and see.

One or two of the forum members put together a workaround that is probably still in the "indicators" section of the forum, so you will have to scan carefully for it if you want to give it a try. I think the indicator I remember was called "FixedScale.cs" but I don't recall for sure.

Keep your fingers crossed for this fix getting into the new version.

Happy Trading,
        Randy

Comment

Randy - Thanks for the reply. I will look for the workaround.

This is a showstopper for me, so I'm glad I noticed it early in the evaluation process. Hopefully the workaround will be successful, because NT seems to have many other positive features. If not, I can revisit if Version 7 includes it.

Comment

Hello,

NT 7 will have extensive improvements in the charting! We are hoping to have it available for beta testing this summer some time.
            DenNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by TraderBCL, Today, 04:38 AM
            2 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post TraderBCL  
            Started by martin70, 03-24-2023, 04:58 AM
            14 responses
            0 likes