Collapse

Chart not being updated on laptop while display turned off or lid closed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This issue can be reproduced with Windows Server 2008 on vmware. The chart only updates approximately once a minute, or while dragging it.

Comment

Originally posted by ic41213 View Post
      This issue can be reproduced with Windows Server 2008 on vmware. The chart only updates approximately once a minute, or while dragging it.
      Can you give me the exact steps I would need to take to replicate this issue?

Also, can you clarify - you are unable to reproduce this on other versions of WIndows or using another method of connection (TeamViewer, for example)?

Comment

I did some more tests, and it seems it happens with old VMware versions (VMware 10).

It cannot be reproduced with VMware player 12.5.4 (current version).

It can be reproduced by using hardware version 10 with VMware workstation, which can be downloaded here and used for free in trial period:
        VMware Workstation Pro lets you run multiple operating systems as virtual machines (including Windows VMs) on a single windows or Linux PC.

HW compatibility for version 10 can be selected via "New Virtual Machine -> Custom".

I could reproduce it with Windows 7. I think the Operating System, or method of connecting to the VM (e.g. Windows Remote Desktop) doesn't matter.
        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_PatrickG View Post
          Can you give me the exact steps I would need to take to replicate this issue?

Also, can you clarify - you are unable to reproduce this on other versions of WIndows or using another method of connection (TeamViewer, for example)?
          For the last 2 weeks, my Vix chart sometimes plays catch up. Other times it does not. My strategy on SPY log shows orders and sells at the correct time and never appears to hide bars.

This maybe a result of having no indicator on Vix chart?

Teamviewer to laptop 1, then remote desktop to win 7 laptop 2.

The bars are being built, it just appears it isn't moving forward always (visual),because when they appear, it's rather instantly.

I'll add an Ema to Vix and see if results differ.
          Attached Files

Comment

And this time it was spy stuck since yesterday afternoon.
            Vix with indicator was fine.
            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by sledge View Post
              And this time it was spy stuck since yesterday afternoon.
              Vix with indicator was fine.
              Sledge, this is reminiscent of a TDA data issue we've worked on together before and therefore unrelated to the original issue in the thread. To recap, here is the original post of this thread by gjing:

Originally posted by gjing View Post
              Hi,

When running 8.0.2 on my laptop, the chart stopped updating when I turned off the display or closed the lid (the laptop still kept running).

NT7 worked well, never had this kind of issues. Please help.

Thanks,
              Gary
              The above reported behavior is internally tracked as NTEIGHT-11147. This fix was implemented in NT8.0.5.0. Here are the release notes:

Can you clarify - are you connected to TDA when you experience these issues? If so, I believe this is an expected limitation of the TDA API. We discussed this in ticket #1677625 and forum post http://ninjatrader.com/support/forum...212#post499212

To confirm - respond to the email I sent you for ticket #1677625 and I will send you my guest Kinetick credentials to eliminate or confirm that TDA is the root cause of what you're experiencing. If you no longer have this email, write a new email into PlatformSupport[AT]NinjaTrader[DOT]com referencing ticket #1677625 ATTN Patrick G

Comment

It's fixed in the latest release 8.0.7.0

Comment

Well, not really. It still happens from time to time, but not always, like in the older versions.

Comment

If you're still experiencing issues in the latest release (8.0.7.1), please write into PlatformSupport[AT]NinjaTrader[DOT]com with a brief description of what is occurring and also include your log and trace files so we can assist you.

Here is how you can include your files in your email:
                    • Open your NinjaTrader folder under Documents.
                    • Right click on the 'log' and 'trace' folders and select Send To> Compressed (zipped) Folder.
                    • Send the 2 compressed folders as attachments to this email.
                    • Once complete, you can delete these compressed folders.

Comment

Originally posted by gjing View Post
                      Well, not really. It still happens from time to time, but not always, like in the older versions.
                      I agree. My spy chart was on 11:00 am yesterday, while time and sales was up to date at 8:54am. I moved the t&s window and the spy chart did it's update to catch up. (Not a backfill).

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                      Started by nandhumca, Yesterday, 03:41 PM
                      1 response
                      0 likes
                      Last Post NinjaTrader_Gaby  
                      Started by The_Sec, Yesterday, 03:37 PM
                      1 response
                      0 likes
                      Last Post NinjaTrader_Gaby