Feature requests, Autoscroll...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Feature requests, Autoscroll...

I realize new features are probably very low on the priority list at this point, but one can wish .

Autoscroll Mode - when price bars reach within a defined number of ticks of the top or bottom of the chart the chart scrolls up/down to keep the bars on the chart.

Chart Trader PnL display - option to include commissions on the PnL text box when in a trade and when flat (as it was in NT7).
    Last edited by seahn; 02-01-2017, 12:09 PM.

seahn, thank you for your post!

The autoscale feature should do this already. If you click on the chart you see the bars not in view, are you able to click the boxed "F" in the upper right corner, or is that not what you're referring to?

There's also this new feature in NinjaTrader 8 where the price automatically centers. If interested, you may enable this feature by right-clicking on the chart and selecting Data Series. In the data series window and the Visual section, find the setting called Center price on scale and check the box to enable the setting. Click OK once checked.

If the above doesn't work for you, please provide me screenshot for further clarification.

I will submit a feature request of what you're requesting for the PnL display on order entry windows.
    Riley S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks for pointing out my options,

I cannot use "F" because it rescales, I like a constant scale so I can judge price moves consistently. The Center price on scale will do for now. What I was talking about was auto scrolling on the price axis only if price moves outside the chart in a trending market for example. Equivalent to Ctrl+MouseDrag up or down but automatically.

There are a couple of NT7 indicators that do that "Scrollslite" is one. I could try to convert it to NT8 but it uses a lot of mouse events which is a can of worms I do not want to get into for NT8, do not know if NT8 even allows overrides of chart mouse events from indicators?

While I am at it "Scrollslite" allows panning a chart without having to press "Ctrl" which seems like a redundant need to me (my keyboard is often buried). That would be a great feature for NT8 as well.

Comment

seahn, thanks for your post back.

I understand now and thanks for clarifying further. I will submit another feature request for a chart set to a fixed scale to automatically scroll up or down when the last price goes outside of the chart's view.

For the PnL item you submitted, the feature request ID is SFT-1517.
        Riley S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by nandhumca, Today, 03:41 PM
        0 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post nandhumca  
        Started by The_Sec, Today, 03:37 PM
        0 responses
        0 likes