Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NT8 Pivots Indicator

Good Morning:

Please add a single character to the pivot level label to allow a quick determination of what time period that level is instead of the user having to change colors and memorize all of them.

Examples:

DPP, DR1, DS1 = Daily pivots.
    WPP, WR1, WS1 Weekly pivots
    MPP, MR1, MS1 = Monthly pivots.

Thanks for considering.

Hello TraderJesse,

Thanks for your note and thanks for taking the time to make these suggestions

I've submitted a feature request on your behalf for our development to consider adding these changes to the pivots indicator. Once I have a tracking ID for this request I will post this and this thread for future reference.

In the meantime, you can also contact a professional NinjaScript Consultant who would be eager to create or modify this script at your request or assist you with your script. The NinjaTrader Ecosystem has affiliate contacts who provide educational as well as consulting services. Please let me know if you would like our business development follow up with you with a list of affiliate consultants who would be happy to create this script or any others at your request.
    Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi TraderJesse,

I've received a tracking ID for your request to have pivot indicator line labels to reflect calculation range.

For future reference this request is being tracked with ID #SFT-1935.
      Please note it is up to the NinjaTrader Development to decide if and when a request will be implemented.

Please let me know of any other requests or suggestions you have for the NinjaTrader platform.
      Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi, I am looking for pivots indicator that calculator prior bars high+clode+open/3. How can I get this?

Comment

Hello mkaraa,

Thank you for your note.

Are you looking for a pivot indicator that could calculate the pivots on smaller time frames than a day? Or are you just looking for a standard Pivot indicator that calculates based on the HLC of the previous day's bar? If so, the standard Pivots indicator built into NinjaTrader would do this.

If you're just looking to find this value for each bar, this can be accessed in NinjaScript using the Typical series:

Thanks in advance; I look forward to assisting you further.
          Last edited by NinjaTrader_Kate; 09-25-2019, 07:09 AM. Reason: Add info on Typical Series
          Kate W.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Kate View Post
            Hello mkaraa,

Thank you for your note.

Are you looking for a pivot indicator that could calculate the pivots on smaller time frames than a day? Or are you just looking for a standard Pivot indicator that calculates based on the HLC of the previous day's bar? If so, the standard Pivots indicator built into NinjaTrader would do this.

If you're just looking to find this value for each bar, this can be accessed in NinjaScript using the Typical series:

Thanks in advance; I look forward to assisting you further.
            Hi Kate, I am looking for the Pivots for each bar, but I do not know how to write a script. Any help on this?

Regards

Comment

Hello mkaraa,

Thank you for your reply.

I'm not sure if this is quite what you're looking for, but since it's a very simple script, I created a quick indicator that plots the typical price for each bar (High+Low+Close/3).

Here is a basic guideline of how to import NinjaScript add-ons in NinjaTrader 8:

Note — To import NinjaScripts you will need the original .zip file.

To Import:
              1. Download the NinjaScripts to your desktop, keep them in the compressed .zip file.
              2. From the Control Center window select the menu Tools > Import > NinjaScript Add-on...
              3. Select the downloaded .zip file
              4. NinjaTrader will then confirm if the import has been successful.

Critical - Specifically for some NinjaScripts, it will prompt that you are running newer versions of @SMA, @EMA, etc. and ask if you want to replace, press 'No'

Once installed, you may add the indicator to a chart by:
              • Right click your chart > Indicators... > Select the Indicator from the 'Available' list on the left > Add > OK
              If this isn't what you're looking for, as this is getting pretty off topic from the original thread, I'd invite you to write into our Platform Support (platformsupport [at] ninjatrader [dot] com) inbox directly so we can discuss what you're looking for at greater length. Please include a link to this post in the body and 2286529 ATTN Kate W. in the subject line.

Please let us know if we may be of further assistance to you.
              Attached Files

Comment

Hello mkaraa,

I'm not sure if this is quite what you're looking for, but since it's a very simple script, I created a quick indicator that plots the typical price for each bar (High+Low+Close/3).

Here is a basic guideline of how to import NinjaScript add-ons in NinjaTrader 8:

Note — To import NinjaScripts you will need the original .zip file.

To Import:
                1. Download the NinjaScripts to your desktop, keep them in the compressed .zip file.
                2. From the Control Center window select the menu Tools > Import > NinjaScript Add-on...
                3. Select the downloaded .zip file
                4. NinjaTrader will then confirm if the import has been successful.

Critical - Specifically for some NinjaScripts, it will prompt that you are running newer versions of @SMA, @EMA, etc. and ask if you want to replace, press 'No'

Once installed, you may add the indicator to a chart by:
                • Right click your chart > Indicators... > Select the Indicator from the 'Available' list on the left > Add > OK
                If this isn't what you're looking for, as this is getting pretty off topic from the original thread, I'd invite you to write into our Platform Support (platformsupport [at] ninjatrader [dot] com) inbox directly so we can discuss what you're looking for at greater length. Please include a link to this post in the body and 2286529 ATTN Kate W. in the subject line.

Thanks Kate, you are awesome. This is exactly what I was after.
                One last favour. I like to run a daily chart for US session for Equity, excluding the globex (overnight) session. If I select daily time intervention with CME US RTH (chart 2), I do not get the right chart, as I run it for 450 minutes with custom hours (9.30 – 16.15) (chart 1). I wonder how can I run a daily candle with RTH, without overnight session price action.

please see attachment

Regards

[IMG]file:///C:/Users/karaa/AppData/Local/Temp/msohtmlclip1/01/clip_image002.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]file:///C:/Users/karaa/AppData/Local/Temp/msohtmlclip1/01/clip_image004.jpg[/IMG]

Attached Files

Comment

Hello mkaraa,

Daily bars in NinjaTrader 8 come packaged as is from your data provider and custom Trading Hours templates cannot be applied to them. You can work around this by setting your chart to 1440 minutes (equal to one day) and then applying the trading hours template you desire.

Comment

Hello mkaraa,

Daily bars in NinjaTrader 8 come packaged as is from your data provider and custom Trading Hours templates cannot be applied to them. You can work around this by setting your chart to 1440 minutes (equal to one day) and then applying the trading hours template you desire.

That's Kate, that's what I thought and ok with the 1440 minutes.
                    One more question, on the super dom I ça an highlight the hight and close but how xan I mark the open of the US session open. Trade station has this option on their price ladder.

Comment

Hello mkaraa,

You can apply the Current Day OHL indicator to the SuperDOM to mark the current open by right clicking on the SuperDOM > Indicators and selecting it from the list there. Again, this is out of scope of the original topic, so if you have further unrelated questions, please start a new thread for those.

Comment

Hello mkaraa,

Hi Kate

How can I run a weekly chat on RTH only. The weekly candle comes packaged, same as daily one.

Regards

Comment

Hello mkaraa,

Weekly RTH charts are not supported in NinjaTrader 8 if your data provider does not supply daily bars in RTH as Weekly bars are built off daily data. I have added a vote for you to an existing feature request to allow selecting whether daily bars are RTH or ETH, which may be tracked with the number SFT-1062.

Last edited by NinjaTrader_Kate; 10-16-2019, 12:00 PM. Reason: Removed previous inaccurate answer.

Comment

Hello mkaraa,

For weekly RTH charts, you could create a 10080 minute chart and apply your desired trading hours template to that - it would be equivalent to a weekly candle.

I do not get the weekly chat on the 10080, as attached, I get a bar similar to 1440

Comment

Hello mkaraa,

I do apologize as I was incorrect in my original reply. I've edited it with the correct information above so as not to cause confusion.

Should you have additional questions unrelated to the original topic of this thread (pivots indicator), please create your own new topic.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by DJ888, 04-16-2024, 06:09 PM
                              4 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post DJ888
                              by DJ888

Started by terofs, Today, 04:18 PM
                              0 responses