Bad Chart prices

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bad Chart prices

Why are the prices on the right side so far off? It should be 1.3xxx and it's showing 1.03xxx.
    I have the latest NT version and I'm using the FXCM connection.

Thanks!!
    Attached Files

Hello GibbsB613,

Thank you for your post.

The reason your chart is reporting with an extra 0 is likely due to the change in tick value for this forex pair. To resolve this behavior, I would suggest resetting your instruments and then reloading historical data. Moving forward, please do not change the instrument settings for forex pairs because the tick size is hard-coded within NinjaTrader 8.

Here are the steps to reset instrument:
    • Disconnect from any active data feeds: Navigate to the Control Center > Connections menu, left-click the ‘disconnect’ button that appears to the right of any active connection
    • Reset your instruments: Navigate to the Control Center > Tools > Database window, left-click to expand the ‘Update instrument lists’ section, ensure ‘Predefined instrument lists’ is checked, then left-click the Update button that appears just to the right of the two options in this section
    • Restart NinjaTrader

Once you have completed the steps to reset instruments, right-click your chart and select "Reload All Historical Data".

Does this correct the price quotes reporting on your chart?

Comment

I performed the steps but the data still looks bad. See the screenshot.

Thanks!!
      Attached Files

Comment

GibbsB613, thank you for posting back!

I noticed that the instruments settings that you have are different than mine. As a troubleshooter, please change the tick size from .0001 to .00001. You may do this by navigating to the Control Center > Tools > Instruments > Double click on the EURAUD.

Attached, I've provided a screenshot for further clarification of the instrument settings that should be set for the EURAUD instrument.

Please let us know if we may be of further assistance.
        Attached Files
        Riley S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Ok. I thought the update would reset the tick size to the default setting. I'll change it and retest.

Thanks!!

Comment

GibbsB613, thanks for your post back!

The steps that ChristopherD gave are steps that are for updating the instrument lists and not the instrument properties, however, this is not a mistake that was made on his end, but a mistake with the canned reply. We have updated the canned reply so that we can avoid things like this from happening in the future.

To properly reset your instruments, please take the steps below.
            1. First, disconnect from any data providers by navigating to the Control Center > Connections menu, and left-click on “disconnect” that appears to the right when hovering your mouse over any active connection
            2. Next, reset your instruments by navigating to the Control Center > Tools > Database Management
            3. In the Database Management window, under the “Update instruments” section, ensure that “General properties” and “Symbol mappings” options are checked and then click Update
            4. Lastly, restart NinjaTrader for the changes to occur

Thanks for bringing that to our attention and if we may of further assistance, please let us know.
            Riley S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks guys. I've worked with three trading platforms and your support is by far the BEST!

Thanks.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by algospoke, Yesterday, 06:40 PM
              2 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post algospoke  
              Started by ghoul, Today, 06:02 PM
              3 responses
              0 likes