Fixed period separator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fixed period separator

Hi, how do I set custom fixed time period separator as in the screenshot below?

My chart is looking like that when using range bars.

Also how do I force spacing between candles? Sometimes there is bigger gap than it should be. I would like to have no gap between candles but keep their width at 5px.

Last edited by Jiri_Beloch; 03-22-2017, 04:43 AM.

Hello Jiri_Beloch, and thank you for your questions. To your first question, you can achieve equidistant bar spacing by right-clicking on a chart, ensuring "Equidistant Bar Spacing" is checked, and pressing OK.

If you do this you will notice that your bars are even more bunched up in spots and further apart in others. To your second question, then, you will need to change how your bars are being rendered.

To give you information as to how to render, there are two elements that get passed in to the OnRender method : ChartScale and ChartPanel, for the X and Y dimensions, respectively. You can learn about these here

These will contain information such as the pixel width and height of your display, your scale justification (left, right, center), coordinates for each bar, this sort of thing.

With this information, you can then either manually render the missing sections (or erase visible sections) use the example rendering code here,

Or you can write your own custom ChartStyle, which will give you more direct support over setting things like bar width,

Whichever approach you take, we are happy to help with any questions that come up.
    Jessica P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Jessica, thank you for quick reply, much appreciated.

My first question was related to X axis and period separators. I would like to have them shown every 30 minutes as on the picture below which is not happening on my chart even with "Equidistant Bar Spacing" checked.

Comment

I have prepared a short video with an answer to this question. Please let us know if there are any other ways we can help.

Jessica P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by jeronymite, 04-12-2024, 04:26 PM
        3 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post jeronymite  
        Started by bill2023, Today, 08:51 AM
        2 responses
        0 likes