Minimizing Windows.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Minimizing Windows.

Is there a way to minimize all open windows simultaneously? I as as sometimes I need to get to a file on the desktop and cannot do so without minimizing one window at a time.

Maybe a future version can include a choice to have all windows open in a single window like a browser?

Thank you.

Hello Trader17, and thank you for this question. Windows has this as a built in feature. Pressing and holding the windows key (to the left of the space bar) and the letter m at the same time on your keyboard will accomplish this. Please let us know if there are any other ways we can help.
    Jessica P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_JessicaP View Post
      Hello Trader17, and thank you for this question. Windows has this as a built in feature. Pressing and holding the windows key (to the left of the space bar) and the letter m at the same time on your keyboard will accomplish this. Please let us know if there are any other ways we can help.
      Cool. That minimized all the NT8 windows. Now how do I restore them back? Hope a future version of NT8 gives the user an option to keep all windows open within one window.
      Thanks.

Comment

As far as restoring them back, win+shift+m will restore all the windows you just minimized.

If you are interested in only minimizing and restoring NT windows, there are some publicly available instructions which you may find interesting.

Originally posted by https://superuser.com/questions/276110/how-to-restore-all-minimized-windows-in-windows-7
        Shift+RightClick on the button on the taskbar, and click on "Restore all windows" or type R.  It "restores all windows".
        Note: "Restore all windows" will appear as a context menu option only if "Taskbar and Start Menu Properties" → "Taskbar buttons" is set either to
        • "Always combine, hide labels" or
        • "Combine when taskbar is full " and windows to restore are combined

"Restore all windows" will not appear in the context menu (replaced by "Restore" only the selected window) if "Taskbar and Start Menu Properties" → "Taskbar buttons" is set either to
        • "Never Combine" or
        • "Combine when taskbar is full " and windows to restore are not combined

To open "Taskbar and Start Menu Properties":
        • Right click any empty area on the taskbar and select "Properties"     (hint: "Properties" will be at or near the bottom of the menu; the first item under "Lock the taskbar"), or
        • Right click the Windows Start Button, select "Properties", and, in the "Taskbar and Start Menu Properties" window that opens, click the "Taskbar" tab.
        I have submitted a feature request to the product management team for the following feature :

This user would like the tabbed window interface extended to allow any kind of windows to be combined into a single window, with different tabs for each original window
        I will follow up with more information as soon as it's available. If the feature requests already exists, a vote will be added to it.

Please let us know if there are any other ways we can help.

Comment

Thank you Jessica. It worked!

Comment

Instead of minimizing all windows why not just click on the corresponding icon on your taskbar to bring your item forward?
            eDanny
            NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - Integrity Traders

Comment

Originally posted by eDanny View Post
              Instead of minimizing all windows why not just click on the corresponding icon on your taskbar to bring your item forward?
              Is there a way to do it? I could not figure it out. I am using Windows 10.
              Thanks.

Comment

I am using Windows 7 and all open items on the desktop are represented by an icon on the taskbar. Are you not seeing that? Is your desktop set to have a taskbar?
                eDanny

Comment

Originally posted by eDanny View Post
                  I am using Windows 7 and all open items on the desktop are represented by an icon on the taskbar. Are you not seeing that? Is your desktop set to have a taskbar?
                  I do see that on the task bar. When I click on it nothing happens. I need to hover over it and I see all the windows and need to click on each individually to open the,
                  Cheers.

Comment

Just leave all your windows open on your desktop, do not minimize. Look for the icon on the taskbar for the application or file that is behind some other window and click on it to bring it on top of other windows.
                    eDanny

Comment

Thanks for that. Just sometimes I need to get to desktop when I have to minimize NT8.
                      Thanks.

Comment

Hello Trader17,

With regard to combining every window into a single window, this feature is being reviewed by the product management team and has been assigned the following unique tracking ID

SFT-1502

Please let us know if there is any other way we can help.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_JessicaP View Post
                          Hello Trader17,

With regard to combining every window into a single window, this feature is being reviewed by the product management team and has been assigned the following unique tracking ID

SFT-1502

Please let us know if there is any other way we can help.
                          Thanks a lot. Looking forward to it. Wow! that was fast!!
                          Cheers.

Comment

Originally posted by Trader17 View Post
                            Thanks for that. Just sometimes I need to get to desktop when I have to minimize NT8.
                            Thanks.
                            Click the windows feature "show desktop" in the task bar.

Comment

Originally posted by sledge View Post
                              Click the windows feature "show desktop" in the task bar.
                              I am on Windows 10. SO by clicking on task bar I do see desktop. Problem is getting NT back up in one shot. So have to use WIndows key + m for now.
                              Thanks.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by DJ888, 04-16-2024, 06:09 PM
                              6 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post DJ888
                              by DJ888

Started by Jon17, Today, 04:33 PM
                              0 responses