Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yahoo Connection NT7 vs NT6.5

Hi,
    I'm currently using NT7 beta15 with the Yahoo connection.
    While the market is open, the current day prices (Open, High, Low, Last) are plotted in the chart correctly, but once the market closes the last date data disappear from the chart and I only get data from 2 days ago.

But with NT6.5 you were able to plot in the chart the last date price even when the market had been closed. And even with NT7 you are able to get these data in the market analyzer screen, but it does not plot in the chart.

Kind regards

abc1974,

Please be sure to go to Tools>Options>Data and check "Save chart data as historical". Then you will have the real-time data in your data repository for charting.
    Josh P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi,
      I do have the "Save chart data as historical" box checked, but I do not get the last date data plotted on the chart once the market has been closed, though I do get it in the market analyzer screen and also with NT6.5.

Kind regards

Comment

Helo abc1974,

I once had a similar problem and was due to a flag that was a mistake.

Have you looked in the log (Control Center, Log tab)? Have you tried to remove all indicators of the chart?

Best Regards

Comment

Please use the steps I have provided below to delete your historical data:
          • Disconnect
          • Tools
          • Historical Data Manager
          • Edit tab
          • Select your instrument-->Right mouse click-->Delete
          • Close NinjaTrader
          • Documents
          • NinjaTrader 7
          • Open the db folder
          • Open the cache folder
          • Select all files-->Right mouse click-->Delete
          • Open NinjaTrader
          • Connect
          • Open a new chart with no template or indicator applied

Please let me know if the issue persists after this procedure.
          Christopher J.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi,
            After your instructions I have solved partly the problem, but I do still get mixed results.

I have deleted all history data for my instruments and after that NT7 plots the last day data on the chart for most of the stocks, but not for all of them.

I have identified two issues:

1) The last day does not plot on the chart if I have selected previously the stock on the Control Center or the Market Analyzer (where I still can see correctly the last day Open / High / Low / Close prices). This does not happen on NT6.5.

2) For the rest of stocks (the ones not selected previously on the Control Center or the Market Analyzer) NT7 plots the last day data on the chart. But I have detected that the Last / Close price on the chart is incorrect and different from the one shown on the Market Analyzer.
            As far as I can see, it looks that on the chart the Last price has been calculated as (Open + High + Low) / 3. And it that take the information from the last price shown on the market analyzer (and on the Yahoo website).

Regards and thanks for your help

Comment

I have tested this on my end and with the Market Analyzer window and chart linked I am able to toggle between instruments and everything updates on the chart as expected. Does the data not display the last days data for a specific instrument or all?
              Christopher J.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi,
                These issues happen for all instruments, but only after the market has closed. While the market is open everything is ok.

Right now, the European markets have just closed. So you can test it with a European stock during the following hours. Use for example this symbol from Yahoo: BBVA.MC. I have just tested it and these are the results I’ve got.

After creating the instrument, I open a new chart and the last day data that load are:
                Date 13-May-2010 / Open 9.74 / High 9.75 / Low 9.36 / Close 9.62

Then I select the instrument in the Control Center and the data that I see are:
                Open 9.74 / High 9.75 / Low 9.36 / Close 9.50

As you can see the close price on the chart is different from the close price in the Control Center. So I went to Yahoo (http://finance.yahoo.com/q?s=BBVA.MC) and checked that the correct close price for today was 9.50 and not 9.62. So the price on the chart is not right.

Then I close the first chart and open a new chart for the same instrument. But in this case, today’s bar is not plotted on the chart and I only see until yesterday data.

Date 12-May-2010 / Open 9,36 / High 9,77 / Low 9,21 / Close 9,60
                (And in this case, the close price is correct)

Regards

Comment

Hi abc1974,

Can you tell me what exchanges you are setting for this instrument so that I may test on my end?
                  KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Im using Meff and Default exchanges.

Comment

Hi abc1974,

I am able to replicate this behavior on my end and will be following up with my development team. I will update this thread as more information becomes available.

Thank you for reporting.

Comment

Hi abc1974,

This behavior can be expected.

NinjaTrader is awaiting the close of the bar - this only occurs when the next bar is created.

Comment

Sorry Kyle,
                          I did not understand your answer. What is supposed to be expected?

Sometimes I`m able to see the latest bar and other times I'm not. Is this supposed to be OK? This does not happen on NT6.5

And why am I able to see on the Control Center the correct close price and not on the chart?

Regards and thanks for your help.

Comment

abc1974,

What was happening is that Yahoo had not published their daily bar yet and as such there is no daily bar seen on the chart. You were looking at yesterday's daily bar instead of the current day's on the chart and comparing that against real-time data as seen in the Control Center.
                            Josh P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Josh,
                              I believe that the problem is something different. I’m pretty sure of what I’m seeing. I do understand that Yahoo does not update their historical EOD files until several hours after that the market has closed. Probably not even until the next day opening.

But the NT script that plots the charts from Yahoo must be taken data from two different sources, the EOD historical files and the last date data (delay real time) that anyone can see in yahoo finance.

That is the reason that while the market is open you see today’s prices update periodically on the chart until the market closes. And you also can see that information in the Control Center and in the Market Analyzer even when the market has closed.

Can you please test at your end the following steps and check with me that the last bar is seen in the first chart and it disappears on the second one.

1/ Please create a new instrument with Yahoo quote TEF.MC (Spanish market is closed right now). You can use any exchange (ex: Meff and Default).

2/ Open a new chart an plot this instrument. Look and the two last bars and write down their date and close price.

3/ Go to Market Analyzer and add a row with this instrument or go to Control Center and select this instrument.

4/ Close the first chart

5/ Open a new chart for the same instrument. You will see that now you have lost the last bar from the previous chart. ¿? The question is why, if it did appear just a few seconds before when opening the chart for the first time?

If you do the same thing in NT6.5, you will be able to see that this did not happen before. This is the issue I’m trying to report.

Thank you very much for your time.
                              Regards

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by rdtdale, Today, 01:02 PM
                              1 response
                              0 likes
                              Last Post NinjaTrader_LuisH  
                              Started by alifarahani, Today, 09:40 AM
                              3 responses