Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stop Limit Orders on Globex

Ninja support,
    When trading S&P emini, I noticed that the color of the tab of a sitting stop limit order is light blue. I believe that this means that order is confirmed received by the broker.
    I was under the impression that a stop limit order, placed on Globex would sit at the exchange, since it is a native order. If that was true, I believe the tab would be green.
    Could you please let me know what I am missing.
    Thanks,
    Phineas

What technology provider are you using?
    RayNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Amp Futures / Zen-Fire

Comment

Your stop limit order *is* at the exchange.

Comment

Okay, good.

Could you clear up my misunderstanding of the tab colors:
          light blue: held on broker server.
          green: sitting at exchange.

Comment

We will publish something shortly that will clear that up.

Comment

Just so I'm clear in advance of your summary, so that I can take appropriate action, when a need to hedge a stuck position arises.

I use Amp Futures and Zen Fire and trade only ES on Globex. Could you confirm that the following is correct 100% of the time, regardless of the tab color displayed on the DOM.

1: All Stop Limit orders sit at the exchange once they are submitted (i.e. order is entered thru Dom, but stop is not yet hit). This is the case whether the Stop Limit order is used as a Stop Loss, Stop buy or Stop sell.

2: All limit orders sit at the exchange once they are submitted (i.e. order is entered thru Dom, but not yet hit.)

One question:
              1: Where does the OCO logic sit. I know it is not at the exchange. Is it on my computer or is it on Amp Futures server?

Thanks for the help.
              Phineas

Comment

Thank you for your post.

You are correct in your statements that stop limit and limit orders do rest at the exchange.

Your OCO order also resides at the exchange, but if you have strategies attached to it they are held locally on your computer until one of the OCO orders is hit.
                JessicaNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Jessica,

Thank-you for response. Two follow-up questions.

1: Is there any setting, etc. that I can adjust to have the OCO logic reside on the brokers server (Amp Futures in this case).
                  The closer the logic is to the exchange the less vulnerable it is to a crash or disconnect on my computer.

2: Is it correct to ignore the light blue color tabs on my DOM, next to my Stop Limit Stop Loss order. I can be confident that these orders are sitting at the exchange even though they do not show Green tabs on the DOM. (just want to be sure, I won't belabor this any further)

Thanks,
                  Phineas

Comment

Thank you for your post.

1) There is no way to adjust where your orders reside.
                    2) The colors are important in that they tell you the status of the order. Light blue means that NinjaTrader has received confirmation from your broker, but has not received any confirmation past that.
                    However, your case is different because you are with with Zenfire. Zenfire's orders show blue when at the exchange so you can concider this confirmation that your order is resting at the exchange.
                    Last edited by NinjaTrader_Jessica; 01-31-2008, 02:47 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Jessica View Post
                      Thank you for your post.

However, your case is different because you are with with Zenfire. Zenfire's orders show blue when at the exchange so you can concider this confirmation that your order is resting at the exchange.
                      --------

Your last response is a little confusing, because my profit target (limit order) is not light blue, but is rather a green tab on the DOM.
                      Is this profit target limit order also sitting at the exchange?

thanks,
                      Phineas

Comment

Originally posted by phineas View Post
                        --------

Your last response is a little confusing, because my profit target (limit order) is not light blue, but is rather a green tab on the DOM.
                        Is this profit target limit order also sitting at the exchange?

thanks,
                        Phineas
                        If the profit target limit order has reached a state of working (found in Control Center --> Orders tab) it is hosted at the exchange.

For more information please go here: http://www.ninjatrader-support.com/v...ad.php?p=27076

Comment

Your profit target order is at the exchange.

Please see this link for additional information:

http://www.ninjatrader-support.com/vb/showthread.php?p=27076#post27076

Comment

Hi.

Could the Ninja people clarify the OCO part. I use Zenfire. It is mentioned that OCO resides on the exchange server. Yet my broker says that once my PC disconnects the OCO will not execute correctly ie if stop is hit then target should be removed.

Or does that mean avoid ATM strategy and use OCO part of ninja if I want to shut down the PC and do something else/travel?

Sunrise
                            Last edited by Sunrise; 02-03-2008, 09:30 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Jessica View Post
                              Thank you for your post.

Your OCO order also resides at the exchange, but if you have strategies attached to it they are held locally on your computer until one of the OCO orders is hit.
                              Sunrise,
                              I interpreted Jessica's response above, to mean that the Stop Loss limit order and the Profit target limit order, themselves rest at the exchange. But the logic that cancels the stop loss order once the profit target is triggered (or vice versa), resides on your computer.

So if your computer disconnects, when one side of your OCO order is triggered, your original postion will be closed, but the other side of the OCO order will still be live and sitting at the exchange.

Phineas

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by Barry Milan, Today, 10:35 PM
                              1 response
                              0 likes
                              Last Post NinjaTrader_Manfred  
                              Started by WeyldFalcon, 12-10-2020, 06:48 PM
                              14 responses
                              0 likes