Collapse

Yahoo does not load charts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There has been an update from Yahoo stating that they have discontinued the service which NinjaTrader uses to pull data from them. We are tracking this internally as NTEIGHT-11701 and the Development Team is currently exploring available options.

I will keep this thread updated with any new information.

Originally posted by Italy View Post
    Would it be possible to find another data provider for Europe's stock markets with historical data as well as Yahoo?
    A list of NinjaTrader's supported real-time and historical data providers can be found here:

I would recommend contacting your desired data provider to see if they support the exchanges and instruments you're searching for. I am unaware

Comment

Originally posted by wsDK_II View Post
      Yahoo's support pages are a joke.

This is really unfortunate, and basically renders NinjaTrader without purpose for me

I Hope this will get fixed soon...or that other free data providers in NinjaTrader start covering the ASX market.
      Agreed. I can wait until very beginning of June. If no remedy in sight, my use of NT cannot continue and will need to investigate other setups. It's too bad, because NT is really good, but US markets are not for everybody.

Anyways, thanks for updates and hope it turns out all'right (NT can only become stronger from this opportunity, if taken)!

Comment

Right. Problems are an opportunity to develop, if resolved.

Comment

Any update on this @NinjaTrader Support?

Comment

There are no updates at this time. I will make a post in this thread when there is an update. The internal tracking number for this is NTEIGHT-11701. You can reference this for future inquiries on this issue.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_PatrickG View Post
              There are no updates at this time. I will make a post in this thread when there is an update. The internal tracking number for this is NTEIGHT-11701. You can reference this for future inquiries on this issue.
              Thank you! Planning to manually trail my positions to closure after July 2017 if this issue is not resolved until then.

UPDATE: *mibr*ker seems to have fixed the issue in their software!

"This version fixes problem with Yahoo Historical and Yahoo Fundamental Extra sources that stopped working after changes on Yahoo site."
              Last edited by steeltoe; 05-22-2017, 11:37 AM.

Comment

Any planned development going to tackle this Yahoo data feed changes (NTEIGHT-11701)?

Comment

There are no current plans to implement a fix for the changes which Yahoo made.

Comment

in this case can you let me know which connector is available for NSE india Stock Codes

Comment

Hello Dayanand,

Interactive Brokers would be your best option if you want to use the NinjaTrader platform to trade stocks on the NSE. If you fund a trading account with Interactive Brokers, they will also provide live market data for the NSE that you can use within NinjaTrader:
                      Let me know if I may be of further assistance.

Comment

Has there been any change in mind regarding fixing the data import from Yahoo?

Some of the markets I usually trade are not available in any other provider, and that would make me have to use 2 softwares, which results very inconvenient....

EDIT:
                        Does NT8 allow for adding additional exchanges or is there a list where I can find supported ones? I am still in NT7 now.
                        Last edited by user1986; 06-10-2017, 01:48 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by user1986 View Post
                          Has there been any change in mind regarding fixing the data import from Yahoo?

Some of the markets I usually trade are not available in any other provider, and that would make me have to use 2 softwares, which results very inconvenient....

EDIT:
                          Does NT8 allow for adding additional exchanges or is there a list where I can find supported ones? I am still in NT7 now.
                          In its most recent incarnation, NT8 has just removed the Yahoo connector completely. That in itself is a complete answer of what they have already done. I should say that the intent seems pretty clear.

Comment

There is no change regarding Yahoo at this time.

There is no way to add exchanges to the available exchanges list in NinjaTrader 8, however, it is possible in some cases to force the symbol mapping depending on your data provider. This would be unique per instrument/exchange, so one would first need a supported data provider which supplied the desired data to attempt forced mapping in NinjaTrader.

Comment

You may wish to support the feature request in the thread Feature request - Yahoo historical data.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_PatrickG View Post
                                There is no way to add exchanges to the available exchanges list in NinjaTrader 8, however, it is possible in some cases to force the symbol mapping depending on your data provider.
                                Where can I get more info about Forced Mapping?

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                                Started by The_Sec, Today, 02:29 PM
                                0 responses
                                1 view
                                0 likes
                                Last Post The_Sec
                                by The_Sec

Started by tsantospinto, 04-12-2024, 07:04 PM
                                4 responses