How to change default instrument list

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to change default instrument list

I've added several instrument lists to the Instrument Manager. I can see they are there, and so is the list of symbols in each list. I open up a new chart using one of these new symbols, and get a normal chart. But when I want to change this symbol to another one from the same new instrument list, the drop down menu of symbols (at the upper left of the chart) only shows the symbols in the default instrument list. How can I change this default list so I can quickly look at symbols from one of the new instrument lists? jc

Hello jbclem

Thank you for your post.

Currently this cannot be changed. If you want to access an instrument from this chart drop-down it will need to be included in you ‘default’ symbol list.

Please let me know if you have any additional questions.
    ChipNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Then is there some other way to access symbols, quickly and with ease, from lists other than the default list? There must be, Ninjatrader seems to be a sophisticated program, yes?

Comment

Hi,

If you have saved an own list, you can access it from the chart if you right click--> Data Series. Then the list should be available at the bottom of the available instruments. You can change here.

Let me know if this is the answer you're looking for.
        Vince B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I just tried to change a chart's symbol through Data Series, and I couldn't do it that way either...unless I want to have more than one data series on a chart since I'm not allowed to delete the primary data series.

I did find one way, I can type a symbol on the screen and it will become the primary data series. That's great, but it means I'll have to memorize thousands of symbols, or make up printed lists of symbols every day...that kind of defeats the reason for having an extra instrument lists.

Is there any chance the NinjaTrader programmers would consider adding watchlists or portfolio lists that would be directly connected to individual charts. A good example of this would be Quotetracker, or Telechart, where you can quickly look at charts for many symbols.

Comment

Hi,

I'll pass your suggestion on to development and ask if they can add it to the list of future considerations. I can't give an ETA when this possibly will be added.
            Vince B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by Johnny Santiago, 10-11-2019, 09:21 AM
            95 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post xiinteractive  
            Started by xiinteractive, 04-09-2024, 08:08 AM
            2 responses
            0 likes